Discover why quality fats on keto matter. There’s healthy fats vs unhealthy fats to consume on a ketogenic diet. Dr Jeff Matheson explains on The Keto Kamp Podcast how fats build up your hormones and cells, and how fats such as fish oil create inflammation in the body.
Pure Life Science: https://purelifescience.com/ (Use code Ben4 for the bottles and Ben3 for the liquids).
[01:15] How Our Body Will Produce Energy
– Our body is great at communication, not only within each organ but between organs. All this communication is done through the cell membranes.
– The cell membrane is the basic divide between the outside world and the inside world – that’s where the fundamental communication takes place.
– All hormonal issues boil down to unhealthy cell membranes.
[03:45] Hormones Aren’t That Simple
– Hormones need a delicate balance. If you start adding exogenous hormones into the system, you’re going to push that system out of balance.
– How adding exogenous hormones into your body will affect you later on down the road is really difficult to predict.
– When people correct their underlying nutritional issues, usually within six to nine months, they should be able to come off all exogenous hormones.
[06:25] Bad Things That Develop In Our Cells
– The problem that will affect people first is mitochondrial issues. The mitochondria is a very high-energy place, it’s supposed to produce lots of energy, but it can be screwed up fairly easily. The first thing that people feel is fatigue – that’s that mitochondria sort of breaking down.
[09:15] Why Your Supplements Might Not Be Working
– If you have an unhealthy cell membrane, things can’t get in.
– On average, the cell membrane is 50% fat. If you have abnormal fats in that cell membrane, that membrane becomes more like plastic.
[14:30] How Keto & Fasting Help Support The Cell Membrane
– The brain is about 70% fat – it operates on keto about seven to eleven times more efficiently than on carbohydrates.
– Fat-based energy production is way more efficient.
– Every single one of our ancestors did keto because their environment forced them into it.
– Once you achieve metabolic freedom and flexibility, your body can actually manufacture glucose from the fat and from protein.
[18:20] Is Omega 6 Bad For You? Omega 6 vs omega 3
– Omega-6 isn’t bad for you; processed omega-6 is bad for you.
– Omega-6 has the same oxygen-binding capacity as hemoglobin.
– After people take the proper amount of omega-6, they feel better. Plus, they will be able to feel it fast.
[21:10] The Issue With Fish Oil
– Fish oil is high in EPA and DHA. They’re what we call unsaturated are much more unstable.
– As it turns out, the brain only uses about seven and a half milligrams per day of EPA and DHA.
– People on a high dose of fish oil will have a problem with nose bleeds.
– If you overload yourself with fish oil, the mitochondria is only half as efficient as it should be.
[34:55] Is Eating Fish Bad Too?
– You can certainly eat fish. When you cook it, you’re destroying the fats anyways.
– It’s the deepwater fish that are higher in EPA and DHA.
– Fish have a lot of good nutrition in it unless it’s been contaminated with heavy metals and stuff. In Japan, where they eat mostly raw fish, they do have higher rates of hemorrhagic strokes.
– Fish that have fewer heavy metals are ones with a fast turnover like sardines.
[39:45] About Pure Form
– Pure Form Omega® Natural is an organic, plant-based, fish-free, cold-pressed, source of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids.
These are all excellent sources of essential omega-6, along with organic flaxseed oil for essential omega-3, to obtain what we consider the ideal omega 3-6 combination.
[51:20] Hangover Prevention
– Since the brain is 70% fat, you put all the good fats in the brain, you don’t get headaches.
● Check out Pure Life Science: https://purelifescience.com/ (Use code Ben4 for the bottles and Ben3 for the liquids).
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
Weight Loss In the Toxic World: Are You Toxic?
Did you know that toxins cause weight gain? Unless you live in a protective bubble, you are exposed to millions of “toxins” every day. Toxins are chemicals that are foreign to our body’s design and are stored and isolated in our fat cells or filtered in the liver because the body has no means of processing them. Toxins can actually plug your fat cells and over time disrupt normal body functions causing headaches and fatigue. If untreated, these toxins can lead to weight gain and chronic health conditions like Diabetes, heart disease and cancer. This article will discuss how nutritional cleansing can assist in increasing your weight loss results, decreasing your risk for the chronic health conditions.Is It Possible to Lose Weight Without Eating Clean?
It is unfortunate, but too much weight can result in a poor body image as well as numerous weight problems. Because of this, a lot of people are going through hell and back in an effort to get a lean body.How to Lose Weight: Do You Know the First Step in Achieving Lasting Weight Loss?
There are many reasons you may want to lose weight. If you are over-weight, you are likely very self-conscious about your size and would love to lose weight. You may have tried numerous methods to lose weight. You may have dieted. You may even have succeeded briefly, only to regain the weight when the diet ended and you returned to former lifestyle behaviors. Or you may have tried but failed to make significant impact on the scale. Being over-weight is so physically and psychologically damaging, that you may have lost the ability to see a future that includes a slender and healthy body. This brief article will provide the first step.Why Cellulite Creams Do Not Work Long Term
A woman suffering cellulite is bound to have tried some topical application or cream to improve the appearance of their lumpy skin. But more often than not, you hear them speak of such creams and lotions dismally because they did not get the expected results, or even if they did, the results didn’t stay in place too long. Today, we are here to tell you why cellulite creams are only a temporary relief.Fat-Burning Smoothies: How Fruit and Vegetable Smoothies Can Help You Lose Weight
We currently live in a society where in the ‘fit and sexy’ are considered to be the most beautiful, that’s why it’s no surprise why thousands of weight loss diets have surfaced over the last decade. Anyone who wishes to lose some extra pounds now will have a difficult time to decide which diet to go for because there are so many options. However, losing weight the healthy way is still the best path to take – that’s why fat burning smoothies are the rage right now.Want to Lose Weight? Your Lack of Sleep May Be Keeping You Fat!
Wouldn’t it be great if I told you that you can lose weight without exercise or diet? Well you can. The process is called “thermogenesis”. Don’t get me wrong, an exercise and nutrition program is going to be a part of any legitimate weight loss program, but you may not be able to get rid of stubborn abdominal fat if you are not getting 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night. There are several ways to improve your sleep and increase weight loss from burning body fat.Why Did I Choose a Ketogenic Lifestyle?
The benefits of a ketogenic diet are available to anyone. From weight loss to appetite suppression, it can all be had.A Better Female Metabolism With A Balanced Diet
Now first of all, what exactly strikes your mind when you come across the term balanced diet? As the term goes, Balanced diet is nothing but a diet in which each and every nutrient is incorporated in rational amounts.How to Lose 10 Pounds and Keep It Off the Healthy Way
Lose weight with real life weight loss tips that incorporate a healthy lifestyle and simple activities. Don’t starve yourself, that just causes you to lose muscle instead of fat. Skip the quick fixes that destroy your metabolism and do it the right way.Weight Loss – 3 Keys to Burn Fat and Lose Weight
If you want a shortcut to safe fast and easy weight loss read this article now. Almost everyone that is over weight wishes to lose weight and have a leaner body that is tone and sexy. This is true for both men and woman. So we know that everyone that is over weight wants to lose weight. But the question that they need to answer is how do they lose weight.