Dr Lori Shemek reveals which foods reduce inflammation. You will also learn why the ketogenic diet is the best diet for inflammation, benefits of intermittent fasting for men and women, and more.
// E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
👉 PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee. Visit http://www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off.
// T I M E S T A M P S
[02:15] About Dr. Lori Shemek
– Many people feel like they don’t have a choice when it comes to their health. 80% is a choice – we can change our gene expression.
[08:20] Why Dr. Lori Focuses on Inflammation
– If you can decrease your inflammation, then you can prevent so many diseases, ill-health, and weight gain.
[09:20] The Differences Between Acute Inflammation and Silent Inflammation
– Acute: we know the inflammation is there because it’s uncomfortable, and it hurts. It’s a cut on your finger, the terrible head cold, and the sprained ankle. This inflammation is great because it tells you that something is wrong with your body.
– Silent: the name suggests danger. It’s the core cause of illness, disease, faster aging, and weight gain.
– Fatflammation: fat cell inflammation is silent inflammation in the fat cells. The types of foods most Americans are eating is creating a body that is producing inflammatory molecules. When the fat cell gets bloated, it expands.
– Doctors will put a band-aid on chronic inflammation.
[15:15] Foods For Inflammation
– Keto is an anti-inflammatory diet.
– Foods that will stop inflammation are things like omega-3.
– healthy fats on the keto diet:
– Wild, fatty fish
– Green tea
– The keto choices that we have are usually anti-inflammatory
[17:15] The Problem With Consuming Unstable Fats on Keto
– Our cell membrane is thin, essential for optimal health.
– The health of our cell membrane will determine your overall health. It allows nutrients to come in and out. The membrane is made of fat.
– Corn oil, vegetable oil, soil oil, canola oil, safflower oil, cottonseed oil are highly processed and highly refined. The body does not know what to do with these processed oils.
– Discover which foods cause inflammation such as vegetable oils and rancid fats. The cell membrane uses fats that you’re eating. So if you’re eating vegetable oils, those fats will become your cell membrane.
[21:40] The Relationship Between The Cell Membranes and The Mitochondria
– The mitochondria are everywhere – they are crucial because they generate ATP, which is the energy that our cell needs to survive.
– Then, ensure that you have enough magnesium. Magnesium is crucial for your optimal health and weight.
– The mitochondria starts sending out signals of distress to your body. Then, your body will begin to inflame within the cell.
[25:55] The Importance of Magnesium
– Dr. Lori says that people should take magnesium as a supplement.
– Dr. Lori will take magnesium threonate.
– If you’re overweight, you are going to need more magnesium. If you have foggy thinking, then you’re going to need more. 600 mg is excellent.
[30:00] Getting In and Out of Ketosis
– When we go in and out of ketosis, we teach our bodies how to be metabolically flexible.
– However, if you’re losing weight, then stay strict on the keto diet. When the weight starts to fall off, your body will be able to handle the carbohydrates.
[32:35] Benefits From Fasting
– Health is about ketosis.
– If you don’t want to do the ketogenic diet, then fasting will provide ketosis.
– If you have insulin resistance, intermittent fasting is a fantastic way to repair your body.
[39:15] About Dr. Lori’s Favorite Lab Tests
– Test your vitamin D. If you have a low vitamin D level, then you have an inflammation problem. Your vitamin D levels should be at 70 or higher.
– CRP value is important; the lower, the better. 1 or 2 is ideal.
– Test your glucose. Even the healthiest keto foods might not agree with you. Use a glucose monitor to determine what will raise your glucose.
CONNECT WITH DR LORI SHEMEK
GET DR LORI’S BOOKS: https://amzn.to/38eYmp9
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
The Importance of Improving Body Image for Weight Loss
Is there a connection between body image and weight loss? Research suggests that body positivity can have a profound impact on fitness success. So many people still don’t realise that weight loss is much more than the calories in/calories out balance. Emotional and psychological factors play an important role. People that are happy, positive and confident find it much easier to shed the pounds and to maintain their new, healthy weight.The Truth Behind Late Night Snacking And Weight Loss
If you’re like many people on a weight loss diet, one thing that you do struggle with on a continual basis is late night snacking. When you’re at home with not much else to do, it can be quite easy to succumb to watching whatever TV show happens to be on while raiding the pantry for something to munch on at the same time. For the most part, much of the late night snacking that people do is completely mindless so you may not even be fully aware of how many calories you are really taking in.Weight Loss Surgery: Choosing What’s Right for You
Weight loss tourism has proven to be very effective in producing important and continued weight loss in several cases over the period of years. It is a common knowledge that the best outcome can only be achieved with the best team. Closing in on which weight loss surgery is best suited to for you depends solely on the careful deliberation between you and your chosen best bariatric surgeon.8 Workout Motivation Techniques That Will Skyrocket Your Fitness
Sometimes good workout motivation can be difficult to come across. Some days you just can’t find enough reason to work out, and you let yourself slow down. The problem here is that if you aren’t motivated, you won’t get results. You have to want it. Really want it. There are so many ways to keep yourself fully motivated and doing so will put you in better shape than you’ve ever been and fast. Not only that, but you’ll enjoy the ride there much, much more. Here are some great ways to start getting motivated, break those plateaus, and get on the fast track to insane health.Best Exercises to Lose Fat
If you want to lose weight, you must exercise regularly. However, if you choose the best exercises you can make a big difference when it comes to the total amount of the body fat you burn. That’s why I’m going to be helping you choose the best exercise to lose fat and the most efficient exercises to achieve your weight loss objective, and the following paragraphs include the top eight fat loss exercises.4 Simple Tips To Help You Get A Flat Tummy
Maybe it’s time to make a real change, a change that can last you a life time and keep you from worrying about your weight all the time. Here are 4 tips to help you make that change and flatten your belly.Summer Body Fit Tips
Want to really rock your summer body? Use these 7 fit tips to give you the edge when it come to hitting the beach and backyard BBQ’s this summer.6 Steps to an Organized Kitchen and Why You Want to Have One
There are simple steps you can take to keep your kitchen organized. An organized kitchen will help you to stay on track each day and each week as you plan well and eat well.Top 4 Tips to Stop Overeating and Increase Fat Loss
Most people don’t think they overeat but overeating is a huge problem, especially when it comes to weight loss. It’s not entirely your fault as most people have actually been educated to overeat from a young age. Most parents would have been raised on 3 square meals a day… I’ve been saying for years that 3 square meals have made the country round. The numbers of people who are overweight as well as obese have skyrocketed. So overeating is a normal process of our lives that we don’t even think about as it’s been the normal way of eating for most people. However, to lose weight you need to burn more calories than you consume. There are tricks and tips that you can use throughout your daily routine to help you stop overeating and get to your weight loss goals quicker – I’m going to share 4 of these top tips with you today.Sleep More to Weigh Less
So, you already know it’s very important to get a terrific night’s sleep, right? Not only is it obvious that you feel better when you get enough sleep, but you also boost your immunity, enhance learning and memory, and increase your productivity. In addition, a good night’s sleep also leads to healthier eating.