Registered dietitian Amanda Nighbert rd explains why intermittent fasting is one of the best ways to lose serious weight.
Amanda speaks about why eating a fat-free diet doesn’t work and how following that trend almost landed her on statins. Then, Amanda dives into the number one reason why dieters will always fail. We also talk about why intermittent fasting is excellent for weight loss. Eating before bedtime can be ruining your progress; so, Amanda gives tips on how to curb your late-night eating habits. Tune in as we chat about the importance of metabolic flexibility and why you’re not losing weight from the advice of your registered dietician.
Episode Sponsor: Upgraded Formulas Hair Mineral Analysis Kit:
https://bit.ly/3ahIBgQ Use code KETOKAMP15 for 15% off
// T I M E S T A M P S
[00:00] Low-Fat Diets: Why Eating A Fat-Free Diet Doesn’t Work
– Amanda read the book The Great Cholesterol Myth: Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won’t Prevent Heart Disease-and the Statin-Free Plan That Will. You can find a copy here: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Cholesterol-Myth-Disease-Statin-Free/dp/1592335217/benazadi-20
[07:35] The Number One Reason Why Dieters Fail
[14:00] Intermittent Fasting and Why Amanda Loves It For Weight Loss
– Breakfast is not actually the most important meal of the day. It took Amanda ten years of being a dietitian to realize that.
– There are actual physiological processes in the body that help us thrive in a fasted state.
– Time-restricted eating is not a diet. It’s not about what you eat. Instead, it’s all about when you eat.
– Amanda loves intermittent fasting because it’s flexible. You don’t have to fast every single day.
[18:00] Fasting Before Bed: Tips To Stop Your Late Night Eating Habits
– You can also adjust your eating window.
– If you prefer to eat more in the evening, then eat less in the morning.
– Start with a 12 hour fast, then ease your way into a 16 hour fast.
[20:20] We Eat Way Too Much! Eat Until You’re Full and Lose Weight
– You can eat 700 calories during one meal and still lose weight.
[24:30] Metabolic Inflexibility Is A Key Risk Factor For Covid-19
– During Covid, the conversation should be focused on metabolic health.
[28:00] Why You’re Not Losing Weight From Your Registered Dietician
– You’re not losing weight because you are sitting all day long.
– Taking a walk after a meal will result in lower blood sugar. That’s the power of activity. When we eat and lay around, our blood sugar response will be much greater.
– Another reason you aren’t losing weight is that you are focusing on calories instead of macros.
– Losing weight is all about blood sugar regulation.
– Carbs digest rapidly, so they leave you wanting more.
[40:20] Should You Avoid Carbohydrates For The Rest of Your Life?
– The only right way to keto is to cycle.
– It’s not healthy to be in ketosis forever.
– If you’re fat-adapted, you will be able to curb your cravings. Plus, you’ll be able to eat carbs and still feel fine.
– People need to have an understanding of what a good carb level is for them.
[44:20] Do You Need Electrolyte Supplementation On A Keto Diet?
– Electrolytes are your missing link.
– There’s a huge power of sodium, potassium, and magnesium.
– Without adequate hydration, you can’t metabolize fat.
– If you don’t have enough sodium, potassium, and magnesium, you will feel weak and hangry.
Amanda’s website: https://amandanighbert.com/ Amanda Nighbert lean program can be found here.
Amanda Nighbert Ted Talk | TEDxGrandCanyonUniversity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvoikSqNT7E
Read The Great Cholesterol Myth: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Cholesterol-Myth-Disease-Statin-Free/dp/1592335217/benazadi-20
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | email@example.com
#AmandaNighbert #WeightLoss #IntermittentFasting
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
The Top 3 Bodyweight Exercises for Fat Loss
For real, lasting fat loss, factor in a few bodyweight exercises in your workout routine. This helps boost your metabolism so that you burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.Fat Burners – What They Are And How They Work
While you can choose specific types of foods that have natural fat burning attributes, you can makes things a lot easier on your end by going for fat burner supplements. Of course, by taking fat burners, you can boost metabolic processes and block certain types of unhealthy fats that tend to retain in your system.Always Check Out The Prescription Diet Pills Reviews
Losing weight, a considerable weight, is not a light task. It is a heavy task if you consider the fact that you have to bring about a complete change in your lifestyle to bring about the change that you need to see.Diet Tips for Women That Can Help You Until the Holidays
Finding tips for specifically female diets online is not that difficult, but finding ones that will work for you, your body, your life, and the kind of weight loss goals you have can be. Here are some unique tips for women hat can help you lose weight and keep it off.8 Ways to Turbo Charge Your Metabolism and Melt the Fat
Eight tips for anyone who finds themselves piling on the pounds. This article well help you to destroy the fat!Easy Ways To Trim Down That Excess Weight
Thinking about ways to lose weight can sometimes be stressful if you’re feeling like you don’t know what to do. If losing some weight is your ultimate goal, then the advice in this article is definitely for you. Knowledge is the key to proper dieting and it is important that you set your goals as well as aim to achieve them. By following the plan listed here as soon as possible, you’ll see success faster than you can imagine.Easy Ways to Cut Calories and Lose Weight Fast
To lose weight, you need to cut your calorie intake. To lose weight fast, you need to cut pretty much all excess calories. It is easy to do so, if you stick with the plan. After all, the effort is worth it. (Come on, you know it is!) You will be thinner and healthier than ever before. In fact, for every 3,500 calories you cut, you lose 1 pound on average. (So minus 500 calories a day equals a loss of one pound a week).Lose Stomach Fat In Your 50s – Have You Tried The Wrong Ways To Get A Flat Stomach?
Have you come into your 50s frustrated because you have spent the last few years trying to lose stomach fat but without much success? Are you just about over it and ready to move on and put up with being overweight? Maybe you have been trying the wrong things or trying too hard and expecting too much too soon. Maybe you have tried some of these things and they did not work.Lose Weight, As If Your Life Depended on It!
At some point in time, almost all of us have gone on a weight loss routine. Not many individuals have successfully lost weight from diet as well as workout programs. For individuals who have effectively dropped excess weight and maintained a lower weight, there had been a number of adjustments that were made to help get those kinds of results.The Numerous Advantages of Raspberry Ketone
New weight reduction additions are consistently being developed and released to the general public. Most additions make big claims, but infrequently could they be backed by systematic research.