Thomas DeLauer reveals the dangers of long term ketosis, and why it is important to flex in and out of keto. Learn the difference between fat adapted vs ketosis, how much protein should I have on keto, and a wonderful discussion with Ben Azadi Keto Flex author.
Upgraded Formulas Hair Mineral Analysis Kit:
https://www.upgradedformulas.com. Use code BEN10 for 10% off
Related Video @Thomas DeLauer: Can Keto Reduce Inflammation? How Much Protein on Keto
[00:00] Why You Shouldn’t Eat Keto All of The Time
– If you eat keto for too long without ever switching, then you’re going to get dependent on keto, and you’re going to become somewhat intolerant.
– People go hardcore keto, and they don’t take adequate time off of it. When you do that, you lose a lot of the mitochondrial machinery to process glucose.
– Eventually, you will become glucose intolerant, and you will not oxidize glucose as efficiently.
– Some keto people have a “cheat” meal, and they will feel like garbage.
– If you eat a sweet potato, you shouldn’t feel like garbage. In fact, carbs aren’t bad for you. The overconsumption of carbs has messed us up.
[07:35] Fat Adaptation VS Keto Adaptation: What’s The Difference?
– Fat-adaptation is where your body knows how to oxidize fat. Your body understands how to use free fatty acids as a fuel source.
– Keto-adaptation is where some of your fatty acids go to the liver, and the liver converts them into ketones.
– Someone that is an endurance athlete can be fat-adapted but not necessarily keto-adapted. Keto is how long you’re actually exposing yourself to beta-hydroxybutyrate.
[09:40] What You Need To Know About The Gibbs Free Energy Equation
– Ketones produce about 27% more energy via this Gibbs energy equation versus glucose.
[11:45] Why The Hormetic Curve Is So Important To Achieve
– The hormetic stressors in our life happen on a daily basis, whether we realize them or not.
– When we keep stressing our bodies, they start to adapt to that stress.
– Take exercise, for instance, you have progressively more intense workouts, and you get progressively stronger as an adaptation.
– However, if you push yourself too hard, you’re going to get yourself sick.
– This equation applies to virtually everything we expose ourselves to.
– We should always be in a little bit of discomfort, but not painful discomfort.
[22:55] How Much Protein You Should Be Eating While On Keto
– Thomas says to eat one gram of protein per pound of body weight.
– He weighs about 180 pounds. So, his goal is about 100 grams of protein a day.
– If someone weighs 280 pounds, they should eat 0.6 to 0.8 grams per kilogram.
– Protein is not going to kick you out of ketosis.
– It’s much better to lean into protein than it is to lean into fats because you’re much less likely to overdo the protein.
[30:25] “Healthy” Keto Foods That You Should Avoid
– You should be very careful of the salad dressings that you are eating. Sadly, these dressings usually contain soybean oil or canola oil.
– Industrial seed oils are worse than smoking cigarettes and sugars.
– Also, raw almonds and raw nuts can be very difficult for your body to break down. They’re not unhealthy, but it’s easy to overeat them.
– Processed cheese can be an unhealthy item you should avoid as well.
[36:30] Will Apple Cider Vinegar Break Your Fast?
– There are a couple of calories in apple cider vinegar. So in a literal sense, it breaks up your fast.
– With apple cider vinegar, metabolically, you’re breaking a fast. However, you’re actually putting yourself deeper into a fast as far as the AMPK pathway is concerned.
– Remember, AMPK is a sensor that recognizes when we are out of fuel, whether it’s food or fatty acids that are liberated.
– Apple cider vinegar will be very beneficial for you in the first 20 hours of a fast.
Get The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: https://amzn.to/3fYYwo9
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#thomasdelauer #ketodiet #benazadi
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
Is It Worth to Buy Green Coffee Beans As A Natural Supplement for Weight Loss?
Many people heard of green coffee being available in the menu of the cafeterias part of large, international chains. A lot of people buy green coffee beans derived products as an adjuvant in their fight to lose weight.How I Turned a Flat Belly Into Six-Pack Abs, and How You Can Achieve the Same Results
I was able transform my flat belly into six-pack abs. I lost 20 kilograms, 10 of them in one month and you can achieve the same results. You just need the right information. Let me point you in the right direction…How I’ve Lost 20 Kilograms of Fat, and How You Can Do the Same Thing – (It’s Easier Than You Think)
You want to lose weight but can’t find a program that gives you any noticeable results. I know the feeling; I’ve been there. I want to share with you the exact same principles that helped me lose 20 kilograms of overweight, 10 of them in one month…Looking to Slim Down? This One Trick Will Make a World of Difference
Are you trying to lose weight? This one incredibly simple tip can help you on the road to a body you’ll love!Sugar and Why It Is Making You Fat
Eating too much sugar/carbohydrates will put you body in fat storage mode. Totally eliminating carbohydrates from your diet is not an option, because carbohydrates are the body’s main fuel source. So how do you eat carbohydrates in a way that allows your body to utilize or “burn” stored fat for energy? The answer to this question is the key to weight loss.Are Your Fitness Goals Realistic?
Deciding to embark upon a new exercise program and a healthier eating plan is great. Just make sure you’re setting realistic goals that will increase your chances of success.Tips For Achieving Your Weight Loss Goal
Weight loss is a subject that is of great interest to many people. Whenever a new diet plan or weight loss program appears, everyone wants to know about it. However, the unfortunate truth is that there is no single plan or program that can help you reach your weight loss goal without effort.Top 10 Weight Loss Tips for Moms – Tip 4 Stop Blaming Your Genetics!
Don’t we all love to blame our “imperfections” on our genetics? Maybe even our weight? But the truth is that our bodies have not changed that much in THOUSANDS of years, and only in the last few decades are we experiencing obesity at the rate it is today.Why Am I Not Losing Weight, What Am I Doing Wrong?
Are you looking for the secret answer to the age old help me lose weight question? Start by ruling out the weight loss obvious possibilities. Are you really eating well and exercising consistently?50% GCA – A Must-Know Term for the Curious Slimmer
Many of those looking for the ideal fat-busting supplement eventually stumble upon one interesting truth – some Green-Coffee pills come with 50% GCA while others do not. Of course, many questions enter the minds of such individuals and thus they begin to search for answers. Well, it wouldn’t actually be necessary to surf the web for hours just to satisfy one’s curiosity. In fact, reading on is more than enough.