Vinnie Tortorich reveals the benefits of eating saturated fat and cholesterol, how insulin is produced in the body and his documentary FAT: A DOCUMENTARY.
In this episode of The Keto Kamp Podcast, Ben Azadi & Vinnie Tortorich discuss fat. Learn why you should eat the fat, the best fats on keto, how carbohydrates are digested and absorbed, and much more.
// E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
👉 PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee. Visit http://www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off.
//T I M E S T A M P S
[01:40] About Vinnie Tortorich
– In Hollywood, Vinnie helped actors and actresses lose weight.
– You can’t run off fourteen months of bad behavior. Instead, weight loss is all about diet.
– Vinnie knew that meat is a great way to lose weight, decrease inflammation, and feel better overall. Plus, meat is heart-healthy.
– Vinnie wrote the book Fitness Confidential; he didn’t want to put the word ketosis in the book. He knew the medical community would say he was trying to kill people.
[06:45] Why Vinnie Never Used The Word “Keto”
– In 2013, Vinnie heard about net carbs. It doesn’t work! If it worked, Vinnie would tell people to do it.
– Vinnie gives away his information for free – he has never charged for his information. So, why would he lie to anyone?
– Vinnie owns the rights to NSNG (no sugars, no grains).
– No one is certifying the word “keto.”
– You can take a bowl of sugar, wrap it up, and say it’s keto-certified. In reality, it’s not keto-certified because it’s not good for you.
[12:15] Why Insulin Is Important
– If insulin is so bad, then why do people need it to live? Insulin is a hormone that we need to live. All hormones control mechanisms in our bodies.
– Insulin does a lot of things. It gets released to go down and cover sugar in our liver. When you eat a piece of fruit, the sugar gets to your liver. Then, the insulin will convert sugar into glucose and stores it around your body. In order to maintain homeostasis, we only have a couple of teaspoons in our blood.
– Sugar can’t go anywhere. So, our body will store it as fat though long-chain triglycerides. The long-chain triglycerides take a lot of work to break it down.
– When we eat too many carbs, you are getting an insulin load. It makes us insulin resistant. Then, we can end up type 2 diabetes.
– The key is to eat foods that are insulin friendly.
[18:25] Can Fat Make You Fat?
– Yes, fat can you make you fat if you eat it in excess. However, fats aren’t going to make you eat in excess.
– For example, you can eat a whole bag of corn chips. Once you start eating them, you can’t stop. People who are obese can’t stop eating corn chips.
– While on the other hand, if you went to steakhouse, and you had a giant fatty steak. When you take the last bite and they bring you a second steak, you would bag it up and take it home. Why is that?
– You are going to feel full on fatty things vs. carbs.
[27:50] Drinking Too Much Heavy Cream
– Gabriella would drink coffee with heavy cream in the morning and eggs.
– Even when you have too much fat, you may not get fat. However, it may prevent you from losing weight.
[31:55] What’s Wrong With Calories In and Calories Out
– So, how do you get your body fat-adapted? Once your body learns how to use fat as energy, it will do it right away.
[37:50] The Inspiration behind FAT: A Documentary
Resources from this episode:
● Check out Vinnie’s Website: https://vinnietortorich.com/
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vinnietortorich/
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vinnietortorich
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/vinnietortorich
○ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/vinnietortorichnsng
● Watch FAT: A Documentary: https://amzn.to/35Paewl
● Fitness Confidential Book: https://amzn.to/2IXpspT
● Vinnie Tortorich Fitness Confidential Podcast: https://bit.ly/3nIpgKk
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#vinnietortorich #fitnessconfidential #ketokamp
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
5 Superfoods Which Can Help Keep Weight Gain at Bay
Are you a couch potato? Have you put on kilos of weight on your body? Do you want to get rid of your bulky body and look beautiful again? Following is the list of 5 super foods which can help you keep weight gain at bay and kick up your metabolism.What’s the Secret to Permanent Weight Loss?
Are you tired of your flabby body? Do you go on diet after diet but never lose your excess weight? My friend, Andrea has finally discovered the secret after years of struggle.How Essential Oils Can Aid in Weight Loss
For centuries, people have been using essential oils for many remedies; including weight loss. Are you ready?The Best Food to Lose Belly Fat Easily
The balance between eating right and exercise can help us reduce weight easily. Learn about the different foods, which are beneficial for weight loss and step in the path of weight loss.Avoid This Weight Loss Killer!
Everyone makes this mistake. It’s especially common around the New Year and before the Summer Holidays. Here’s what happens… You’re super-motivated to change your body. Maybe you’re going to go on a diet. Maybe you’re going to start exercising. Or maybe you’re going to hit it hard and do both!Green Tea – Advantages of a Cup of Green Tea Per Day
If you are like a lot of overweight individuals, then you may be desperate to shed those pounds. This is specifically so, if nothing you have tried in the past, has ever worked. For years now, the Chinese people have revered green tea as being extremely beneficial to one’s health, and advocating the drinking of at least one cup a day.3 Awesome Smoothies To Help You Lose Weight
The greatest challenge to losing weight and keeping it off is establishing eating habits that will aid in weight loss and can be sustained for the long haul. The smoothie is one of the best ways to achieve this. This article looks at 3 smoothie recipes that will help you get started on a healthy habit.How You Can Lose Weight Eating Like A Caveman
When I began my journey to lose weight last October it was for purely selfish and shallow reasons. I wanted to look good in a bathing suit because I had my first ever cruise coming up in March of this year. However, once I started “eating like the cavemen”, I fell I love with the way I started to feel and the way my body was fitting in my clothes!Get in Shape With a Weight Loss Swimming Plan
Getting in shape is on everyone’s mind these days. This article will help you determine the benefits of swimming for weight loss. And, you can even get your dog in on the fun!6 Easy Ways To Motivate Yourself to Get Back Into Shape
For many people, getting back into consistent fitness training, particularly when using weights, can be challenging. All too often many people give up on their physical body conditioning due to other interests and commitments that enter their lives – particularly as they get older, or they simply find the routine becomes a bit mundane. In many cases, the time-lapse between the last time they completed a serious workout and when they decide to start up again could be years – in some cases, decades. A few simple tips can help you get back – and stay – in training to get that body you desire.