Gary Taubes makes the case for keto, and how a high fat low carbohydrate diet can be a great way to lose weight, and keep it off for good. You’ll rethink weight control, and understand the many flaws in nutritional science.
In this episode of the Keto Kamp Podcast with Ben Azadi, Gary Taubes joins the show to speak about his work shining a light on bad science in the nutritional realm. After publishing What If It’s All Been A Big Fat Lie?, Gary faced loads of backlash. However, that didn’t stop him. Gary has published countless books about why we need to ditch carbs, stop eating sugar, and start eating fats. Gary speaks about the inspiration behind his book, The Case For Keto. After interviewing 120 doctors from around the world that recommend the keto lifestyle, his book talks about why the established rules about eating healthy might be the wrong approach to weight loss. Tune in as we talk about why calories in, calories out is a terrible way to lose weight.
📚 Order The Case For Keto by Gary Taubes: https://amzn.to/3mfJbz2
// E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
👉 PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee. Visit http://www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off.
10 PART KETO SERIES: https://bit.ly/37jbybL
[00:20] About Gary Taubes
– Gary is a science journalist who is obsessed with bad science.
– He found a disconnect between medical research and public research. The disconnect is especially terrible in the nutritional world.
– After reporting about the DASH diet study, Gary found that eating a low-sodium diet wouldn’t help lower your blood pressure.
– Then, Gary decided to start researching the low-fat diet.
[06:50] The Backlash From Gary’s Work
– Gary found that fat doesn’t make you fat; it’s carbs.
– After the New York Times ran his story, What If It’s All Been A Big Fat Lie?, there was a massive uproar.
– People assume that he’s a quack. Gary Taubes debate on Joe Rogan is the most popular debate.
[20:35] About The Case For Keto
– Carbs are the reason that you get obese. However, the counterargument is always Asia. These people have lived primarily on rice. The answer is that they are low sugar consumers.
– After we discovered insulin, people thought they needed carbs to balance the insulin. Insulin and carbs should not be the answer to people with diabetes.
– Doctors will argue that patients do not want to give up carbs. However, most doctors agree that their patients should not be eating sweets.
– As keto started to catch on in mainstream media, Gary knew he needed to create a book for people who are trying keto for the first time. For his book, Gary interviewed about 120 doctors from all over the world.
[37:35] Being In Ketosis Long-Term
– Gary interviewed 120 doctors from all over the world; most of them don’t care if people are in ketosis long-term.
– These doctors are mostly concerned with people getting off of carbs.
– Ben says that it is healthy to reset the metabolism and work on carb-cycling.
[43:45] Why Calories In, Calories Out Is A Terrible Way To Lose Weight
– You can starve yourself and lose weight – however, you will be starving all of the time, and it’s not sustainable. Why we get fat has to do with hormones.
– The idea that people get fat because they overeat is a thin person’s perspective on obesity. However, it’s a tautology.
– Insulin tells your body to store calories as fat. By the end of the 1960s, it was clear that people who are obese tend to be insulin resistant; carbs stimulate insulin, which tells your body to store fat. Overall, people with obesity don’t respond normally to insulin.
● Check out Gary’s Website: http://garytaubes.com
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GaryTaubesAuthor/
○ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-taubes-942a6459/
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/garytaubes
● 📚 Order The Case For Keto by Gary Taubes: https://amzn.to/3mfJbz2
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#garytaubes #thecaseforketo #garytaubesketo
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
How You Can Measure Your Progress on Your Weight Loss and Fitness Journey
How is your fitness or weight loss plan shaping up so far? If you are not measuring your progress, how will you know how much progress you are making towards your goals?Diets Fail – The Secret Dieters Don’t Know About Dieting
Why Diets Fail, Most diets are flawed and doomed to fail before they’re even started. The Secret Dieters Don’t Know About Dieting is your body has a defense mechanism to protect you from starvation. Plus, 4 Things to Avoid when trying to Lose weight.6 Simple Tips to Help You Lose Weight Effectively
There are so many ways on how one can lose weight. Over the years, there are so many forms of exercise, diet schemes even plastic surgery and medications that promise weight loss within a short period of time. Some of these were effective in helping those who are overweight lose those pounds; however, there are some who just can’t seem to make any of those processes work.How To Make Small Changes To Your Daily Diet To Lose Weight
If you want to lose weight, one of the most important aspects that needs to be addressed is the food and drink that you consume on a daily basis. What we are talking about is your diet. I want to share with you some tips on hour to get started with eating healthier.Why Am I Overweight? I Never Eat Unhealthy
While you can honestly say that you generally eat healthy and avoid the big ”eating sins” like sweets, chocolate, chips etc. nevertheless, the pounds tend to stick with you. How unfair!Benefits of a Masticating Juicer
There are different foods that we eat on a regular basis, for instance, meat, salads, fruits and green veggies among others. It is unfortunate that what we eat sometimes goes through the digestive system with no nutrients being absorbed to the body. This can be changed through mastication that is very effective in breaking down food to release nutrients.Does Coffee Stop You From Losing Weight?
Thousands of people wake up each to have a cup of coffee alongside their breakfast. Coffee contains something called caffeine which offers a very tasty way to kick starts your day. There is a global estimation of approximately 400 cups of coffee drank each year worldwide.Can You Sleep Your Way Thin?
If you’re looking to lose weight, a lack of sleep stacks the odds of winning against you. A study showed that people who sleep 8 hours a night have twice the chance of slimming down successfully.3 Simple Steps To Lose Weight Fast
If you do not have huge will power, then the hunger will cause you to give up completely on these plans altogether. The 3 step plan that I am going to outline for you will..Tips for Finding the Right Fitness Gym for You
Have you made up your mind to stay fit this year and build up a unique personality that will be praised by everyone? If YES, then you must start working out with a trained professional or a group of people in order to achieve all your health related goals. Believe it or not, when you decide on making exercise part of your daily routine, you’ll definitely see a drastic change in your behavior and attitude as you’ll be staying focused and alert throughout the day without any kind of weariness. Once you find a quality gym that meets all your needs and fulfills all your requirements, you must take a tour of the gym, make yourself familiar with the timings, have a word with the trainer, and check out the equipments and other useful amenities before committing to a lengthy membership.