Dr. Stephanie Estima reveals how keto cycling could benefit your menstrual cycle. She explains what you should be eating during each part of your cycle, and what happens in the menopausal stage of life.
📹 How to practice fasting for women with Dr Mindy Pelz: https://youtu.be/SkhZwgwA5DE
Dr Stephanie Estima explains how keto and hormones work for women, whether you are following the keto diet as a cycling woman, or a keto diet for menopause weight loss; you’ll learn whether you are doing keto for women over 40, or weight loss over 50, it can be done by following her step by step guide.
[00:50] About Dr. Stephanie Estima
– Dr. Stephanie started in the keto space interested in the effects the diet can have on the brain and clarity of thought.
– So, Dr. Stephanie tried keto along with her patients. When couples did it together, the male partner would always have significant weight loss. While on the other hand, the female partner would see little weight loss despite eating the same type of diet.
– She realized that keto cycling could be beneficial for your menstrual cycle.
[06:45] What Your Period Says About Your Health
– Dr. Stephanie says that your menstrual cycle is going to tell you about the hormonal status of your body.
– The menstrual cycle is a vital sign for women.
– If you have heavy bleeding, clotting, and sleep disturbances – then those are signs that your body is trying to tell you things are not balanced.
[11:05] About The Betty Body
– Stephanie’s new book is called The Betty Body. Order it here: https://amzn.to/3jNbZ2t
– In the book, Stephanie dives into why women should stop dieting and take control of their hormones to feel amazing in their skin.
[15:45] Diving Into The Menstrual Cycle
– Week 1: When we think about the first week of our cycle, it’s the bleed week.
– Most hormones have gone on vacation during this time. FHS is still around (follicle-stimulating hormone).
– The first two weeks of your cycle are all about developing your follicle – you will be more resilient to restrict carbohydrates. It’s a nice week for fasting because we don’t have progesterone.
– Week 2: After the bleed week and into the second week, it’s the week before ovulation.
– Ovulation is the main event – it’s the whole point of your menstrual cycle.
– In this week, we see estrogen. Estrogen is designed for growth because we want to develop the follicle.
– The other hormone that comes up is testosterone. In this week, your interest in sex should go up.
– Week 3: Week three happens after your ovulation.
– Back off aggressive fasting this week.
– Add resistant starches to your diet during this week. Some examples of resistant starches: green bananas, green plantains, raw potatoes, cold rice,
– Week 4: Peak week!
– Relax on keto this week and pump up the calories.
– Get out of ketosis – eat squash, sweet potato, and fruit.
[30:20] The Importance Of Listening To Our Body
[42:15] Tracking Your Cycle
– Dr. Stephanie uses Clue to track her cycle. Check it out here: https://helloclue.com.
– The first thing you should do is get information about where you are in your cycle.
[48:15] What Menopausal Women Need To Know
– Women in their menopausal stage can become more insulin resistant. The cells are not as sensitive to the effects of insulin.
– Plus, muscles will also become resistant. It will actually take more for a muscle to grow when a woman is fifty and beyond.
// R E S O U R C E S
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/dr_stephanie
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.stephanie.estima
● Listen to Better with Dr. Stephanie: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/better-with-dr-stephanie/id1479074542
● Order The Betty Body: https://amzn.to/3jNbZ2t
// S P O N S O R S
👉 PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee. Visit http://www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off.
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | email@example.com
#drstephanie #bettybody #ketoforwomen
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
Goal Setting For A Healthier You Is a Useful Tool
Use goal setting as a tool to create a healthier self when it comes to weight loss, fitness, and health. Creating a healthier being is a must in a lot of individuals. Why not use a tool that is freely handed to us, goal setting. Setting goals and achieving them brings the best results.How To Lose Weight Effectively and Safely
If I’ll tell you that losing weight is really easy, you won’t believe me simply because its not that easy as a lot of weight loss advertising say. Losing weight requires a lot of time and a lot of effort. It will eventually ask you to sacrifice many things. In other words, losing weight is a dedication. The reason why a lot of people tend to get tired of doing things such as proper exercise and eating the right diet is simply because they don’t heave enough dedication.How to Stay Focused on Losing Weight And Getting In Shape
Struggling to maintain your weight loss? If so, learn how you can avoid temptation and falling off the bandwagon by overcoming negative, self-destructive thoughts with weight loss affirmations.Exercise to Lose Weight – Interval Training Workouts
What is the best exercise to lose weight? One word- Intervals. In this article, we examine how an interval training workout is scientifically proven to increase caloric burn and, therefore, help individuals lose weight. An extra 200 calories, per exercise session, can be spent just by performing intervals!3 Major Keys to a Successful Weight Loss Mindset
Learn the 3 Major Keys to developing a successful weight loss mindset. These powerful ‘mind shifts’ will help you get back in control and lose weight once and for all!Fat Versus Sugar Which Has The Worst Effect On Your Health And A Few Examples To Steer You Right
Fat versus Sugar, a look at which is actually worst for your health. Why fat won’t make you fat, why we’ve had it wrong for so long, and some examples to help steer you in the right direction.Five Unique Weight Loss Tips
This article will let you in on some of my favourite ‘secrets’ to exercise and weight loss success that you really may never have heard before. These unique tips offer you a chance to work smarter, not harder in order to see results.Common Weight Loss Mistakes Real People Make Every Day
This article reviews the secrets to success that you need to understand in order to avoid common weight loss mistakes. Knowing the pitfalls before you begin is a surefire way to make your journey that much smoother.Can Playing Video Games Help You Lose Weight?
Playing video games has traditionally been associated with a sedentary lifestyle, one that can encourage weight gain. Interactive video games are offering new possibilities when it comes to increasing one’s daily physical activity. They may also be great exercise options for those looking to have a positive impact on weight control.Sick and Tired of Not Achieving Your Fitness Goals? Here’s a Solution!
If you have tried a fitness plan and given up after not seeing the results you expect, chances are there’s a reason it’s not working. If you gave it your all, it’s not you… it’s the plan you chose. Hopefully you’re still ambitious to succeed, because all you need is the right approach!