Dr Vera Tarman reveals how to overcome food addiction and emotional eating. Learn how to break sugar addiction once and for all. Plus, we talk about how to know if you’re addicted to food and what steps you can take to face that food addiction. We go deep into how to stop sugar cravings within weeks.
Upgraded Formulas Hair Mineral Analysis Kit & Supplements:
Visit http://www.upgradedformulas.com. Use the code BEN10 for 10% off your order.
RELATED VIDEO: 7 Solutions to Carbohydrate Cravings on Keto: https://youtu.be/_moasorp6sM
[00:00} About Dr. Vera Tarman And The Inspiration Behind Food Junkies
– Dr. Vera is an addiction specialist.
– Dr. Vera tackles the poorly understood issue of food addiction in her book.
[06:05] How Can Food Become Addictive?
– The inspiration for Food Junkies came from another book, Hooked.
– Get Hooked: https://www.amazon.ca/Hooked-Food-Giants-Exploit-Addictions/dp/0771059590/benazadi-20
[08:50] The Negative Impacts On Your Brain When Consuming Sugars
– Sugars will light up part of the brain that’s emotional and impulsive. It’s the part of our brain that makes us do things without thought – this is all subconscious thinking.
– Plus, sugar will trigger dopamine primarily, which is our neurochemical of desire. There’s also endorphins and serotonin. Endorphins trigger comfort while serotonin triggers connectedness.
– Addiction will make you want an entire bag of chips. You can’t stop at one or two because your neural biology is so damaged.
– The physical manifestations of sugar and high-carb addiction are happening in the brain.
[17:00] What You Need To Know About The Different Stages of Food Addiction
– When we talk about food addiction, it’s essentially like diabetes.
– Food addiction is a chronic and progressive condition.
– You may have a food addiction if you would rather stay at home and eat instead of going out for a social occasion.
– If you consistently do not feel well because of the food you eat, you may be suffering from food addiction.
– Another sign of food addiction is eating foods that you know are not going to make you feel good.
– If your obsession with food is excessive, then you are a food addict.
– Lastly, if you are in trouble with your health, then you may be a food addict.
– “You have to be very careful if you’re moving down this path of food addiction.” -Dr. Vera
[25:25] Fasting For People With Addictions To Food
– Cutting out sugar will be the first step for people who have an addiction to food.
– Sugar is the trigger – so, ditch the trigger!
– If you have a food addiction, be aware of pitfalls. If you have a history of starving yourself, then fasting may not be the right path.
– Fasting can be healing; however, it’s a tool that can hurt you if you do not know how to use it.
– If it’s done carefully, fasting can be great for the body.
[30:40] Why Dr. Vera Is A Massive Fan Of Eating More Protein
[32:15] It Takes Three To Four Weeks To Kick Your Sugar Addiction
– It takes about three of four weeks to quit an addiction fully.
– A connection with a daily coach or sponsor will be critical on your journey.
– So, find support from someone while kicking your addiction.
– Keto Kamp is a great community of people who are ready to help you!
[40:00] Treatment: Ways To Help When You’re A Food Addict
If you’ve been wondering how to overcome sugar cravings, keto can be a great tool.
● Get Food Junkies: https://www.amazon.ca/Food-Junkies-Recovery-Addiction/dp/1459741978/benazadi-20
● Get Hooked: https://www.amazon.ca/Hooked-Food-Giants-Exploit-Addictions/dp/0771059590/benazadi-20
● Check out Dr. Vera’s support group. Sugar-Free for Life Support Group: I’m Sweet Enough: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SugarFreeForLife/
● Listen to Ben on Food Junkies Podcast: https://www.addictionsunplugged.com/food-junkies-podcast-ep12-ben-azadi/
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#sugaraddiction #foodaddiction #carbaddiction
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
Finding Your Motivation To Successfully Lose Weight
Change is a difficult thing to have permanently happen, especially when trying to change you daily nutrition and getting a regular form of exercise. This is where motivation is key to making this happen. Only the individual who definitely wants to lose weight will make the necessary changes to accomplish this goal. If you are motivated to make this goal become a reality, then realize you will be rewarded from your daily healthy decisions.Benefits of Proactol
People who are overweight leave no stone unturned to get rid of that extra fat on their body. There are several ways to do so- exercise, dieting and taking some of the various weight loss supplements available in the market. It can be frustrating to find a supplement to be completely ineffective after using it for a considerable period of time.How Green Coffee Bean Extract Works
All the health benefits of green coffee bean extract are attributed to its main ingredient, CGA. It is important to understand that this active ingredient plays an active role in promoting weight loss in the body. It is believed that it helps in accelerating the metabolic rate of the body and as a result, supports burning of fats. In addition to this, this compound could affect the blood vessels thereby lowering blood pressure.Making a Raspberry Ketone Supplement for Weight Loss Work for You
Raspberry ketone is scientifically proven to aid in weight loss. It boosts metabolism and suppresses appetite. However, its results can be maximized by maintaining a balanced diet and proper exercise and following its recommended dosage.It All Begins Centuries Ago
Centuries ago we were introduced to coffee beans by the natives of South America. No one really knew what to do with these green beans so here in the western world, we decided the best thing to do with them was to grind them up, so that they mixed well in water. That meant we needed to roast the beans so they were easy to grind up.Which Is Better for Weight Loss Nose Breathing Or Mouth Breathing?
Many people have asked us to explain the benefits of breathing through your nose vs. breathing through your mouth and how it effects your weight loss and health. In this article I share with you the research on this question.Fat Burning Foods – More Common Than You Think!
Discover why so many people are shocked at these 3 Fat Burning Foods. They deliver not only the ability to burn more fat but they are my top pick for the best weight loss results and overall good health. You know by now that ‘healthy foods’ include fruits and vegies but these 3 little gems will make your day.Learn About the Effectiveness of Green Coffee Bean Max in This Green Coffee Bean Max Review
Over the course of this review, we’ll take a look at what precisely this product can do for people wanting to lose weight, what folks are saying with regards to this top-selling product, how much it is and ultimately, does it work well. Thus, without further ado, let’s dive right in and separate fact from fiction!Tips On How To Burn Fat
People who want to look good should know that one of the most difficult parts of the body to sculpt is the fatty parts. Belly fats are the concerns of most men while the arms and the thighs are for the women when it comes to losing body fat deposits. The areas that are trimmed during weight loss is not within our control however because this is highly dependent on our body’s structure.Two Weight Loss Tips That Will Change Everything
After years of yo-yo dieting and berating myself for never sticking to any long-term health plan, I vividly remember the day everything changed for me. I had prayed, I had cried, I had gritted my teeth over and over again, determined that this time, this diet, would be different. But just a few weeks (or maybe months) later, I would be right back where I started; disgusted with myself, depressed, and feeling the heavy, invisible chains of emotional eating wrapped around my body like Jack Marley’s ghost in Dickens “A Christmas Carol”.