Ground sunflower seeds have so much of potential and they are cheap, healthy and lower in net carbs.
I have already shown you how to make the best keto bread with it as they are so light, soft, fluffy and crispy when toasted. See links here for keto buns or bread with ground sunflower seeds;
1. Keto Sunflower Seed Bread = https://youtu.be/azM2TFxauVA
2. Keto Sunflower Seed Buns = https://youtu.be/niu8eGWPcX0
3. Keto Sunflower Seed Buns (Vegan) = https://youtu.be/23OMPnDNpMg
I have also shown you how to use it to make keto cake with Lemon Blueberry Cake which turned out so soft and moist (see link to video = https://youtu.be/D8liK8eVFJo )
Now, you will be surprised at how crispy and delicious they turned out for cookies like these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies. Personally, I feel these cookies tastes even better than the ones made from almond flour and the best part is that it only cost a fraction of what we pay for almond flour not to mention that it is healthier and lower in net carbs. So my friends, we don’t have to be limited to the usual almond and coconut flour. Give these ground sunflower seeds a try and you will not be disappointed. I will be doing more experimentation with these ground sunflower seeds for other keto food and bread so stay tuned.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link ;
[ Total Servings = 20 ]
Per Serving ;
Total Carb = 3.3 g
Dietary Fiber = 1.9 g
Net Carb = 1.4 g
Calories = 124
Total Fat = 11.9 g
Protein = 3 g
Ground Sunflower Seeds = 150 g / 1 1/4 cup (You can also use the same amount of almond flour or ground walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts. Refer to the video on how to grind the sunflower seeds)
Refer to video on how to grind the sunflower seeds)
Baking Powder = 4 g / 1 tsp (If using double acting, reduce amount by half)
Salt = 1/2 tsp
Unsalted Butter (softened) = 85 g / 3/8 cup
Egg (room temperature) = 1 large
Erythritol = 50 g / 1/4 cup (This is only mildly sweet so you can adjust accordingly. You can also use any other keto friendly sweetener.)
Vanilla Extract = 1 tsp
Unsweetened chocolate chips or bar (chopped) = 90 g / 1/2 cup (As I could not get hold of unsweetened chocolate chips, I used unsweetened Bakers chocolate bar and just chop them up)
Toasted pecans (chopped) = 60 g / 1/2 cup (This is optional. You can also use any other nuts)
1. Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
2. In a bowl, whisk the butter and sweetener until pale in color.
3. Add the egg, vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and mix with a spatula until a soft dough is formed.
5. Add the chocolate chips, nuts and mix until well combined.
6. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the dough. If you don’t flatten the dough, it will not spread hence, will remain puffier and not so crispy.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until browned and crispy. For a chewy texture, bake for a shorter time around 10 mins. Let the cookies cool for about 5 mins on the tray after baking then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will crisp up once cooled. If you find the cookies are not crispy enough, just pop back into the oven and bake for another few minutes until they are really browned and crispy.
9. Store the cookies in an airtight container for a few weeks. They can also be refrigerated and frozen. They tastes great straight out of the fridge and freezer.
10. You can also freeze the dough for later use. Just shape them into balls, chill in the fridge and once hardened, place into bags and freeze. When you want to bake them, let them defrost for a bit on the kitchen counter then bake accordingly.
How To Fix Your Metabolism And Never Diet Again
Do you hate your skinny friend who can eat and eat and not gain an ounce? I used to too! Thinner people have high metabolisms so they can burn food off and never have it turn into fat. Almost all overweight people have low metabolisms, which doesn’t allow them to burn off what they eat at the same rate of slender people do.Burn Fat the Quick and Easy Way
I have found an easy weight loss trick that I believe can help you let go of those pounds you have been holding on to. With a little discipline, this technique could have you losing up to 5 pounds per week!Utilising the 2nd Brain: Turn That Frown Upside Down and Lose Weight in the Process
Delving into the mis-understood world of detoxing, the one thing that has really began to stand out for me is the importance of our gut. A.k.a “the second brain”.Why Should You Use Garcinia Cambogia to Lose Weight?
Nature has the best remedies, and Garcinia Cambogia (GC) is 100 % natural. It is the latest uprising in the field of weight loss and fitness. In your hectic lifestyle what suffers the most is your fitness.Why You Should Try Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is an extremely effective method for losing weight, burning fat, building muscle, as well as many other things. If you struggle with weight loss, I highly suggest you give intermittent fasting a try.Easy and Effective Weight Loss
With so many weight loss products out there designed to take your money and give you nothing in return, it is important to be informed before you make a purchase. Learn this one technique that has given me drastic results and be on your way to a slim, healthy you!6 Ways to Rev-Up Your Metabolism
Have you hit a plateau and need help getting out? Here are some things to try to rev up your metabolism and getting you moving toward your goal again.One of the best ways to re-energize your metabolism is by incorporating high intensity interval training. These short but intense intervals that leave you breathing heavy or out of breathe spike up your calorie burn.10 Worst Fitness and Nutrition Mistakes
Many workout and fitness plans get derailed by some common mistakes and bad habits. Be careful to avoid these…The Atkins Diet Plan, About the Author and the Four Phases
This article covers the most important factors of the Atkins Diet Plan. Read about the author, Robert Atkins. And about the four phases of the Atkins diet plan, what what each phase is.Best Way to Lose Weight Quickly – Supplements of Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia has been used in the form of ayurvedic medicine for decades; it has many benefits apart from weight loss. However, it is most popular for its contribution to losing weight. That is because it has all the qualities that a great supplement should have.