I love fried rice and very often I make it with konjac or shirataki rice, Whenever I order take outs online, I will opt for the cauliflower rice option so that I still get to eat low carb. Then it struck me that I have not done a video on cauliflower fried rice. So here it is and I made it fun to have an option to wrap the cauli rice with eggs which is actually called Pattaya fried rice which originates from Thailand. Of course, if you are not a fan of cauliflower rice, you could make these with konjac or shirataki rice.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total Servings = 3 ]
Per Serving ;
Total Carb = 17.1 g
Dietary Fiber = 5.8 g
Net Carb = 11.3 g
Calories = 584
Total Fat = 45.6 g
Protein = 29.8 g g
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
Riced Cauliflower = 500 g / 7 1/3 cup
Bacon = 300 g / 1.3 cups (You can also use any meat of your choice)
Eggs = 6 large egg yolks or 3 large whole eggs (Note: If you are making the cauli fried rice wrapped with eggs, you can omit the eggs in the fried rice)
Bell Peppers (cubed) = 150 g / 1 cup
Garlic (Minced) = 6 cloves
Yellow Onion = 1 medium
Parsley or spring onions (chopped) = 1/4 cup
Tamari = 2 to 3 tbsp
Fish Sauce = 1 to 2 tbsp (optional)
Salt = 1 to 2 tsp
White Pepper = 1 tsp
Coconut oil = 60 ml / 1/4 cup
Sesame oil = 2 tsp (optional)
FOR THE EGG WRAP
Eggs = 2 large
Water = 1 tbsp
Salt & Pepper = 1 to 2 pinches each
FOR COOKING THE CAULIFLOWER RICE
1. Wash and dry pat the cauliflower florets. Then cut into smaller pieces so that they can blend more evenly in the food processor. If using a hand grater, you can use the whole head to grate.
2. Place the cauliflower into a food processor and blend until the size of rice. Be careful not to blend until too fine. Set aside.
3. As cauliflower contains quite a lot of moisture, some people may find the fried rice to be on the wet side. But if you prefer a drier version of fried rice like me, just roast the cauliflower in the oven first as it helps to remove the excess moisture. Roasting also releases the natural sweetness of the cauliflower and gives it a nice smoky flavor. To roast the cauliflower, cut, clean and pat dry the cauliflower. Place them on a baking tray and drizzle with some cooking oil. Roast at 390F or 200C until slightly browned at the edges. Then place in a food processor to blend until the size of rice.
4. In a pan, heat up the coconut oil then add the bacon. Cook for a while over high heat then add the minced garlic and onions. Stir fry until fragrant then add the bell peppers and cook for awhile.
5. Add the riced cauliflower, seasonings and cook well. Then push the rice to the side of the pan and scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are dried, mix well with the rice. Adjust taste accordingly.
6. Add the chopped parsley and mix for a while.
7. Turn off the heat and drizzle with the sesame oil and mix well.
8. Plate it and garnish with more parsley or spring onions. Serve warm.
FOR MAKING THE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE WRAPPED WITH EGGS
1. Mix all the ingredients together. Beat with a fork.
2. Heat up a non-stick pan and add a bit of cooking oil.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, swirl the pan to spread evenly into a thinner layer and cook at medium heat. In the video, I used an 11 inch or 27.5 cm pan. If you have a bigger pan, you can make a bigger egg wrap with more rice.
4. Once the egg is set, turn off the heat.
5. Scoop some cauli rice onto the middle and fold the sides using a spatula.
6. To remove the wrap from the pan, just overturn a plate on it.
7. Make diagonal slits on the wrap, open the folds and drizzle with sriracha or tomato sauce.
8. Garnish with parsley or spring onions.
9. Serve warm.
Burn More Calories With Weight Lifting
Many people never lift weights because of fear; getting injured, looking bulky or not knowing how to start. This article shares compelling reasons why adults of every age should be lifting weights two to three times each week. The results for most people include weight loss, improved basal metabolic rate, less pain and better balance.Common Pitfalls On The Path To Getting Skinny
Losing weight can be very difficult. There are a number of common traps that people fall into which prevent them from losing weight, and I’ll admit that I failed numerous times at losing weight before I finally reached my goal. Read on for some of the prevalent pitfalls I fell into, and how you can avoid them.Women’s Weight Loss Shakes – Tasty and Effective Weight Loss
Women’s Weight Loss Shakes that are healthy for long term results. Leucine filled shakes help keep muscle during weight loss. Maintaining muscle mass keeps your metabolism strong and therefore your ability to burn calories is not jeopardized.How to Survive the Holidays Without Gaining Weight: Three Easy Tips
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun, but also with food, sweets, and parties galore. This can be a difficult time for many to lose weight or maintain current levels of weight loss. Three easy tips on how to survive the holiday parties and family gatherings while maintaining your weight loss.Use These Great Weight Loss Tips
Weight loss may feel like an insurmountable challenge, particularly if you have a substantial amount to lose. However, it is not as difficult as you may think. Try these tips in order to manifest your dream of losing weight.A Quick Introduction To The New Weight Loss Supplement, Garcinia Cambogia
A new supplement that is recently gaining popularity is called Garcinia cambogia extract. Garcinia cambogia is a fruit from India and certain parts of Asia that kind of looks like a small pumpkin and is green to light orange in color.Why We Get Fat – What To Do About It
On of the most asked questions about weight loss is why we get fat and what to do about it. Even though the answers are very simple, the problem is that most people are unaware of the basic reasons behind obesity. Let us look into the major factors of gaining weight here.Appetite Suppressants Versus Anti-Suppressants: Which One’s Better?
A recent post on Facebook got me thinking. A “friend” who sells a popular MLM product that promotes weight loss listed “appetite suppressant” as one of the benefits of using the product, which prompted me to ask, “Why would you want to suppress your appetite?” Interestingly, she never answered me back.Fight the Fat Before It Tries to Fight You!
Obesity is a term which was barely heard of around 10 years ago but is currently becoming the hottest topic surrounding the NHS. Obesity is a medical term used to describe excessive or abnormal body fat accumulation which is often connected with increased health risks.Pole Fitness Dancing For Exercise – Finding Inner Confidence
Pole fitness dancing for exercise and fitness reasons is not only great for your body but for your mind as well. Many women who experience this form of dancing as exercise seem to find that inner sexy confidence that they always wanted to find.