I love to bake with ground walnuts. So far I have made a Keto Walnut Cake for my birthday last year and a Keto Walnut Carrot Cake. They are so moist and delicious. Walnuts also makes the best keto bread and they are my personal favorites. I have made Keto Walnut Loaf Bread and Buns and they are way lighter than those made with almond flour.
Walnuts and almonds have quite similar nutrition and carb content. But walnut is the only nut that contains the “plant version” of omega-3 fatty acids, a substance known as ALA, which reduces inflammation in the body. So that is a good enough reason to use walnuts as a low carb flour.
This Keto Walnut Chocolate Cake is super easy to make and it is so moist and delicious. The chocolate ganache adds a nice touch but you could omit it if you prefer a basic cake.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
FOR THE CAKE
[ Total Servings = 12 ]
Per Serving ;
Total Carb = 4.8 g
Dietary Fiber = 2.5 g
Net Carb = 2.3 g
Calories = 208
Total Fat = 20 g
Protein = 5.8 g
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
[ Total Servings = 12 ]
Per Serving ;
Total Carb = 3.2 g
Dietary Fiber = 1.3 g
Net Carb = 1.9 g
Calories = 93
Total Fat = 8 g
Protein = 1.3 g
TO MAKE THE WALNUT MEAL
1. Use a seed, bean, nut or multi grinder as it is the most effective (https://amzn.to/38l0OZV, https://amzn.to/3sTc0X8, https://amzn.to/3zv3IqX). I have received feedbacks that the following works too ;
(b) Cuisinart food processor
(c) Table top drum grater with the fine cheese drum
2. It is not necessary to roast the raw walnuts before grinding.
3. Place half the walnuts into the grinder with half of the coconut flour. The reason we grind together with coconut flour is that walnuts have a high fat content so grinding it alone can easily turn to butter. Adding the coconut flour helps to absorb the excess oil so it’s easier to grind. Pulse (DO NOT BLEND !) 3 times for a few seconds each.
4 Pour into a bowl and set aside.
5. Repeat the process with the balance of walnuts and coconut flour.
6. The texture of the ground walnuts are coarse, like meal, not flour.
7. It’s fine if there are still some chunks left as they add to the crunch.
FOR THE CAKE
Walnut Meal = 240 g / 2 cups (https://amzn.to/3lKkvAR) (Note: If you use pre-ground walnut flour, then you can omit the coconut flour but the amount of liquid needs to be reduced too)
Coconut Flour = 60 g / 1/2 cup (https://amzn.to/3jpBHvr)
Baking Powder = 12 g / 3 tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder = 30 g / 4 tbsp
Lakanto = 100g / 1/2 cup (https://amzn.to/3kvAdiB) (Note: This is mildly sweet so you can increase up to 150 g according to your preferred level of sweetness. You can also use any keto friendly sweetener)
Salt = 2 g / 1/2 tsp
Eggs = 5 large (285 g)
Melted Butter = 60 ml / 1/4 cup (Note: You can also use coconut or olive oil)
Whipping Cream = 240 ml / 1 cup (Note: You can also use coconut cream, yogurt or sour cream)
Vanilla Extract = 2 tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 320F or 170C
2. In a bowl, add all the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Remember to sieve the cocoa powder to prevent any clumps.
4. Add the wet into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. The batter is thick and smooth. There will be some chunks after grinding and these are great to add crunch. You can also choose to add more chopped walnuts.
5. Pour batter into a greased pan lined with parchment paper at the bottom. In the video, I used a 7 1/2 inch pan (https://amzn.to/3hOam4U) with a removable bottom. You can also use an 8 inch pan or any suitable pan.
6. Shake and tap the pan gently to remove any air bubbles in the batter.
7. Bake at the middle rack for 40 to 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Unsweetened dark chocolate = 113 g / 4 oz (https://amzn.to/3krgBxj)
Whipping or heavy cream = 120 ml / 1/2 cup
Allulose = 70 g / 1/3 cup (https://amzn.to/3lbZY7W) (Note: Using allulose will prevent from crystallization when the cake is chilled)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Melt the ingredients in the microwave at 30 seconds interval or you can melt over the stove with low heat.
3. Spread the chocolate ganache evenly on the top of the cake.
4. Decorate with whole strawberries
5. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
6. Chill the cake for 30 minutes before slicing.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank You for your support !
The Risks and Complications of Gastric Bypass Surgery
Though popular and often preferred by weight loss surgeons in the United States for its efficiency and safety, gastric bypass is a major surgery. As such, it has a great impact on the body of the patients. Complications appear in rare cases, but they exist. The decision to undergo gastric bypass or any other type of bariatric surgery should always be an informed one, where the patient is fully aware of all the pros and cons the procedure comes with.It Takes Much More Than A Great Diet To Achieve Weight Loss
When people determine that they’re overweight and it is time for them to lose this weight a lot of them will just join a program such as Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers and believe they will achieve their goals. Most people that end up joining these sorts of programs do so, so that they can lose weight and up quitting and giving up simply because they’re not reaching the goals they want. The truth of the matter is that these programs are a fantastic way to help people lose some weight, but you have to realize it takes more than eating right…How a Notepad Can Help You With Weight Loss
If losing weight and getting into shape are priorities for you, then it can be really beneficial to get into the habit of either having a small notepad or a small pack of post-its close by throughout the day. It’s astounding how a simple pad of paper can help you accomplish a great number of things. It can help you keep track of important items you need to do that day, or even that week. It can help you remember important things or thoughts you have for future events.The Advantages of Clinical Weight Loss Programs
According to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), over one third of the U.S. adults are obese. The CDC defines obese as a person having over 30% body fat. Obesity can lead to serious diseases and complications such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and cancer. It is considered one of the leading types of preventable death.Best Tips To Help You Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
Even though millions of overweight people set out to lose weight every year, only very few people actually succeed in reaching their fat loss targets. If you want to be amongst the few people that succeed in reaching their weight loss goals, you can make use of the following tips: Tip 1-Set realistic goals If you set goals that are too high, you are just setting yourself up for failure and frustration. It might not be realistic to aim for your wedding day figure or your college weight; it is also not proper to fantasize about how…7 Sure Fire Secretes Of Successful Weight Loss
There are certain ingredients that are essential for success in any endeavour of life. If you apply these ingredients to anything that you want to do in life, you would increase your chances of success dramatically. You can use these ingredients to succeed in business; you can use them to achieve your academic goals; you can also use them to lose extra body weight.If I Don’t Get Started, Then I Won’t Be Able to Fail, Right?
Tell me if this scenario sounds familiar: For some time now you have had this nagging little voice in your head. It comes and goes, but each time the voice gets a little louder and a little more urgent. “Maybe if you changed your eating patterns, you would have more energy.”Weight Loss Programs
In order to lose weight effectively and maintain physical fitness, it is important to enroll in a weight loss program. These programs are vital for prevention of diseases like hypertension, diabetes 1 & 2, blocked blood vessels, stroke etc.Bend Over? Surprise! Diet Gurus Are Screwing Overeaters and Food Addicts
Let me ask you a question: how many years have you been dieting? Which leads to my next question: how much weight have you lost and kept off? If you suffer from overeating or food addiction, yet another diet is not what you need.How To Motivate Yourself To Exercise – Best 4 Tips
Although you know that you should exercise to improve your state of health and lose extra body fat, you still find it hard to actually start and keep on exercising. You would easily think of a thousand and one ‘good’ excuses that are good enough to stop you from exercising; in fact the whole process of trying to stay fit and slim has become very stressful and overwhelming. If you are not careful, you might most likely abandon the whole idea of exercising totally.