You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
This is an extension of my previous video on Keto Waffles. Adding fillings into these waffles is so easy. I have chosen 4 flavors for this video but you can actually use any of your favorite keto friendly fillings too. As these waffles can be easily frozen and just reheated using a mini oven toaster, I thought that they would make a great and healthy on the go snack even for kids. And those cute paper holders are so easy to make too. Of course, you could eat them the usual way too haha..
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link ;
[ Total Servings = 9 ]
Per serving (without fillings) ;
Total Carb = 4.1 g
Dietary Fiber = 2 g
Net Carb = 2.1 g
Calories = 173
Total Fat = 15.2 g
Protein = 5.2 g
Almond Flour = 240 g / 2 cups
(OR Almond Flour =120 g / 1 cup + Coconut Flour = 40 g / 5.7 tbsp
OR Coconut Flour = 80 g / 11 tbsp)
Baking Powder = 4 g / 1 tsp
Salt = 4 g / 1 tsp
1. I have intentionally omitted the sweetener as I found that it prevents the waffles from crisping up when toasted. For some time now, I have been puzzled why my sweet keto bread does not crisp up when toasted. But when they are plain, they crisp up very well when toasted. Then I started eliminating ingredients to find out what is the cause and eventually I found that it is the erythritol. I tried other sweeteners like lakanto and stevia and found the same effect. I googled but could not find an answer until one of my instagram followers shared a link where I could get an answer. Thanks to this person (iamsayafen), I understand now that erythritol does not undergo browning reactions during baking like table sugar components do (glucose and fructose). As a polyol, erythritol does not contain the C=O group, called carbonyl, necessary for browning. And I believe that this may apply to other keto friendly sweeteners too. If you are interested to know more, check out this link – @https://www.whatsugar.com/post/is-erythritol-natural-or-artificial
2. For these waffles, I tried with and without the sweeteners and found that without the sweeteners, the waffles could crisp up better when toasted. Of course, the crispiest is the almond flour version while the almond and coconut flour version is moderately crispy. For obvious reasons, the coconut flour version is the softest and could only crisp up just a tiny bit.
3. For waffles, it is totally fine to omit the sweetener as we will be adding sweet toppings to them.
4. If you do not mind the waffles to be soft, then you can certainly add about 50 g of sweetener which is mildly sweet so you can adjust accordingly.
Eggs = 2 large (about 60 g per egg with shell)
Melted Unsalted Butter = 60 g / 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract = 2 tsp
Unsweetened Pea or Almond Milk = 240 ml / 1 cup
NOTE : For a dairy free option, you can replace the butter with coconut or olive oil.
I used 4 fillings in this video but you could actually use whatever keto friendly fillings;
1. Keto Strawberry Jam (Please see this video on how to make this jam – https://youtu.be/2Lsw6LRuG5E )
2. Sugar free chunky peanut butter
3. Sugar free chocolate almond butter
4. Bacon & Cheese
1. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix until a thick dough is formed. Reserve 2 to 3 scoops of the batter for the bacon & cheese fillings. Then add 2 tbsp pan fried bacon, 2 tbsp grated cheese and some bacon fat. Mix well and set aside.
3. Add the vanilla extract for the main batter and mix well.
4. Preheat the waffle maker and grease it to avoid sticking. Of course, greasing is not necessary if your waffle maker has a strong non-stick function.
5. Add half scoop of the batter onto the center of the waffle maker, top with 1 tbsp of the strawberry jam, peanut butter or chocolate almond butter. Cover with another half scoop of the batter. Close and cook for about 5 to 10 mins.
6. Remove and cool on wire rack to prevent the steam from softening the waffles.
7. To make the paper holders, just fold a piece of paper measuring 9×9 inch or 23 cm as shown in the video.
8. To crisp up the waffles, just toast them in a mini toaster oven.
9. These waffles can be easily frozen for months and you can reheat them in a mini toaster oven. That is why it can be a on the go snack.
What Diet Plan Can Best Work For Me?
The purpose of writing this article is to acquaint you with diets that can burn your flab. It is also geared towards alerting you on poor foods that can increase your fat. ENJOY.Paleo Diet Review
People everywhere are looking for the right way that they can lose weight and get in to better shape soon. Since this is a top priority for many, they will want to explore their options when it comes time to find the best diet to help them lose weight. They can check out this Paleo Diet review, which will cover the basics of the popular new program.What A 3 Day Diet Plan Can Do For You
Life problems are largely due to some deep hidden reasons. Solution to these problems is so often not a quick fix.Choosing Fat Burners Based on Your Fitness Goals
People turn to fat burners to speed up the process of losing weight. However, in order to get the desired results, you will need to choose your supplements based on your fitness goals and not because it happens to be the most popular one in the market. Read on to know exactly what you need to look for to get the body of your dreams.Late Night Eating Is a Prime Weight Loss and Fat Burning Enemy
Those who seek to lose weight and burn fat are plagued with bad diet habits that they have a very difficult time breaking away from, and one of the most common behaviors that contributes to excess body fat is late night eating, where the largest meal of the day is consumed in proximity to bedtime. For many, a large late night meal is a symptom of emotional eating, a phenomena where food is used as a source of comfort. Because stress at work prompts many to seek out an enjoyable behavior to counteract negative feelings, a…Rock Your Resolutions: Fat Loss Forever – New Year’s Resolutions to Reality
How many times have you made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight? Joined a gym and quit before Valentine’s day? Started yet another diet and back to old habits before your Christmas shopping Visa bill came in? Let’s analyze what we can do differently this year to transform those resolutions to reality – creating your own unique ritual of self love, pride and respect! Let’s bring this to simple mathematics. A + B = C We try and squeeze weight management into this model. Diet + Exercise = weight loss.What Should I Eat to Create a Balanced Diet For Weight Loss?
Macronutrient ratios (protein, carbohydrates, and fat) have been the focus for diets for decades. New research in nutrition is revealing the critical importance of micronutrients, not macronutrients, in weight loss and disease prevention. A diet high in plant based whole foods is the key to optimal health.Awareness in Weight Management This Christmas
How aware are you of what you are eating? At the best of times we need to be mindful of what we are putting in our mouths, but at Christmas time it is very easy to forget for a number of reasons. It might help to find out and think about why you might find yourself eating too much and jeopardising your hard work for the rest of the year.Hernia Treatment Offers Wider and Lasting Relief
Hernia is a condition where there may is protrusion of an organ through the adipose tissues. This protrusion may occur due to an opening in the adipose tissues. Treatment is done through hernia operation which puts back the protruded organ back into its place. The two main types of surgeries are open and laparoscopic surgery.The Benefits of Raspberry Ketone
Raspberry Ketone is a phenolic compound found in raspberries. It was conventionally used as a food sweetener and for other purposes especially for cosmetics. We thought that raspberries are just mere raspberries however with today’s technology, scientists have found out that it contains a very potent compound capable of doing a lot of wonders for the body.