This recipe is adapted from my Keto Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake (see link here – https://youtu.be/JVduEq-uKfQ ) As I have some keto strawberry jam made recently from my canning 101 video (see link here – https://youtu.be/2Lsw6LRuG5E ), I decided to use them for some dessert recipes. So here’s the first one which is quite interesting as the strawberry jam is stuffed into the cupcakes. Then I top it with a yummy cream cheese frosting and added a dollop of the jam at the center of the cream and just use a wooden skewer to create a marbling effect. The end result looks beautiful and when you cut into the cupcakes, the jam oozes out and that makes the cupcakes a dream. So soft, moist, flavorful and delicious ! These cupcakes will definitely wow your guests as they really taste as good as they look. And I can bet you that no one would not know that it’s keto.
As usual, I love to use coconut flour to make these keto cakes. It’s so much cheaper, lower in net carbs and healthier. If you’re wondering, the taste of coconut is not obvious at all due to the cream cheese. But if you are not a fan of coconut flour, I have provided an option for almond flour below.
This recipe can be viewed and printed at this link ;
COCONUT FLOUR VERSION
[ Total Servings = 10 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 3.1 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.6 g
Net Carb = 2.5 g
Calories = 354
Total Fat = 36.7 g
Protein = 4.7 g
ALMOND FLOUR VERSION
[ Total Servings = 10 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 9 g
Dietary Fiber = 3.5 g
Net Carb = 5.5 g
Calories = 539
Total Fat = 51.6 g
Protein = 11.4 g
Coconut Flour = 120 g / 1 cup (Almond Flour = 480 g / 4 cups)
Baking Powder = 12 g / 3 tsp
Salt = 1/2 to 1 tsp
Zest from 1 lemon
Erythritol = 25 g / 2 tbsp (OR Any keto friendly sweetener. Note that I used a small amount of sweetener as I wanted it to balance out with the sweetness from the frosting and the jam. Actually, my homemade keto strawberry jam is not sweet at all so its mostly from the frosting. If you are not doing frosting, then you need to increase the sweetener for the cupcakes probably around 80 to 120 g depending on your preferred level of sweetness).
Unsalted Butter (softened) = 120 g / 1/2 cup
Cream Cheese (softened) = 120 g / 1/2 cup
Eggs (room temp) = 3 large (about 60 g each with shell)
Whipping Cream = 240 ml / 1 cup
Vanilla Extract = 2 tsp
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING & STRAWBERRY JAM
Unsalted Butter (softened) = 100 g / 7 tbsp
Cream Cheese (softened) = 160 g / 11 tbsp
Powdered Sweetener = 120 g / 1 cup (I used self ground Erythritol but you can also use any keto friendly sweetener)
Keto Strawberry Jam = 120 g / 6 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven at 340F or 170C.
2. In a big bowl, add the butter, cream cheese and sweetener. Use a handheld mixer to whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk to combine.
4. Add the whipping cream and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
5. Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Whisk until well combined.
6. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and mix well.
7. Spoon the batter into cup cakes. In the video, I used big and firm paper cups so it came out to be 10 servings. If you are using smaller paper cups then it will yield more cupcakes. If you are using thin paper cups, it’s best to place them on muffin tins so that they can be held firmly.
11. Spread the top of batter evenly.
12. Bake for about 20 to 30 mins or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
13. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING & STRAWBERRY JAM
1. In a bowl, add the butter and cream cheese. Whisk with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the powdered sweetener and whisk until smooth and creamy.
3. Spoon the cream into a piping bag and secure with a clip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Spoon the strawberry jam into another piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. As my keto strawberry jam is quite chunky and the blueberries are whole, I put them into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency. This is easier for the piping and to make the marbling effect. As there are blueberries mixed in the jam, after blending, the color of the jam is slightly bluish red instead of bright red.
ASSEMBLING THE CUPCAKES
1. Use a large straw or any suitable cutter or knife to make a hole at the center of the cupcake. No need to make the hole right until the bottom.
2. Pipe the jam into the holes then top with the cream cheese frosting.
3. Pipe a dollop of the jam onto the center of the cream.
4. Use a wooden skewer to draw lines and make a marbling effect. Wipe the skewer clean after each use.
First track of music : Cuban Island
Second track of music : Kitty Jazz
Music credit to : Ultimate Tracks
YouTube link ;
Losing Weight Is About The Food You Eat
Losing weight is something many people strive to do, yet most never manage to maintain any weight loss for too long! But why is this? Learn how food contributes to your weight as well as learning the best ways to lose weight and keep it off!New Diet Disguised As A “Lifestyle” Change
If you want to lose weight, and have been told that you need a “lifestyle change”, that’s the equivalent of a life sentence in Diet Prison. Why can some people eat anything they want, and others gain weight, seemingly, by just looking at it?Why Women Hate Lifting Weights to Lose Body Weight (And What Other Options Deliver the Same Results)
The majority of women I have talked to in the fitness club say that lifting weights is not for them. It’s unfortunate, because this form of strength training is a major fitness and weight loss accelerator, especially for women over 50 who have difficulty dropping pounds. This article discusses several ways to accomplish the benefits of lifting weights without hitting the health club weight room (or the resistance machines).The Fast Lane to Burning Body Fat
This article contains tips on how to burn body fat and how to keep it off permanently. This information will serve you as a guide to start on the way to a healthy beautiful body.Are You a Female That Is Having Trouble Losing That Stubborn Body Fat?
Are you a female that is having trouble losing that stubborn body fat? If so there are breakthroughs that can show you why and how to change this ugly truth!How To Lose Weight – A New Year’s Resolution
Another New Year has arrived and most of us will be making or have made a resolution to get something done. The most common resolutions are for self-improvement. After all, most of us have something about ourselves that we would like to change, usually we want to know how to lose weight and improve our fitness. Making a resolution that we can achieve is the challenge. Here is how small changes can make big differences.What Is The Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse?
If you know about any of the Beach Body products there is a good chance you have heard of the Shakeology 3 day cleanse. And like thousands of other fitness lovers you are probably trying to figure out what its all about.Pills for Weight Loss With High Quality-Different Types of Pills for Weight Loss Explained
How many times have you considered using pills to lose weight? Did you think that this would be a really fast and easy way to get rid of the extra weight that you have been carrying around? There are a lot of people that believe they can simply take a pill and wait for the pounds to fall off. The fact of the matter is that this is still an artificial way of getting rid of extra pounds. When it comes to slimming down you will find that there are some very natural ways to do this. Here are a few ways to do this.Paradigm Shift: Weight Loss As a Team Sport
Tis the season – we make New Year’s resolutions which are usually long forgotten by Valentine’s day adding to our self fulfilling prophecies of “see I tried and I can’t”. I am convinced learned helplessness is a form of self inflicted terrorism – but the good news here is we can replace what we have learned – with higher learning so to speak. But this is NOT an easy task on our own – a group setting, a personal power pack can help us accomplish feats which have traditionally been a source of frustration creating a seemingly impermeable membrane to success.How To Stop Winter Weight Gain
Losing weight in winter is more challenging than at any other time of the year. A lot of people get affected by winter weight gain especially if they live in parts of the world that experience cold winters.