You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
This Keto Spinach Quiche With Crispy Crust is one the few dishes that my carb eating family members love. It’s also very popular when I make them for parties or gatherings. In fact, I have 2 old videos here on Keto Spinach Quiche. This one is slightly different because I am using a 9 inch non-stick pie pan with a removable bottom so the filling is a lot slimmer. Plus the crust is also slightly different as it is crispier.
I made this a few days ago for a trial run and it was gone within a day. My son commented that he loves the crispy crust and even suggested that I should make fruit tarts with this crust. So yes, I will be working on that.
This recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
Total Servings = 12
Total Carb = 6.6 g
Dietary Fiber = 2.7 g
Net Carb = 3.7 g
Calories = 308
Total Fat = 27.1 g
Protein = 12.5 g
Almond flour = 240 g / 2 cups
Unsalted cold cubed butter = 80 g / 1/3 cup
Eggs = 2 medium
Salt = 1/2 tsp
Eggs = 4 large
Whipping Cream = 180 ml / 3/4 cup
Spinach = 250 g / 20 balls frozen spinach OR 400 g fresh spinach
Bacon = 130 g / about 5 regular strips (cut into small pieces)
Yellow Onion = 1 small (diced)
Garlic cloves = 3 (minced)
Grated cheddar cheese = 80 g / 2/3 cup
Salt = 1/2 to 1 tsp
Black or White Pepper = 1/2 to 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
2. Prepare the crust first. Add the almond flour and salt into a bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined. Then add the cold butter and mash into smaller pieces with hands. You can also use pastry cutter or food processor. Mash until crumbly then add the eggs and mix with a spatula until a dough is formed.
3. Transfer dough onto a greased 9 inch pie pan with a removable bottom. Spread the dough evenly. If you prefer a thinner crust, just use less dough. Wet your hands for easier handling.
4. Prick some holes with a fork then freeze the dough for 15 minutes.
5. After freezing the dough for 15 minutes, cover with a parchment paper and add any suitable weights to weigh down the dough.
6. Blind bake the dough (I.e. bake without fillings) for 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, remove the paper and weights. Tent the pan with foil to prevent over browning of the edges. Bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the fillings. In a bowl, add the eggs, whipping cream, salt, pepper and whisk to combine. Set aside.
9. Squeeze all the water out from the frozen spinach after they have defrosted. Set aside.
10. Pan fry the bacon with a little cooking oil until browned then drain and reserve the bacon fat. Set aside.
11. Use the reserved bacon fat to sauté the onions, garlic and fresh spinach (if using) until softened. Set aside.
12. Now just assemble the fillings onto the crust. Spread the spinach evenly at the bottom of crust. Then add the onions, garlic, bacon and grated cheese. Reserve a bit of the cheese for topping.
13. Spoon the egg mixture onto the crust then top with the balance of cheese.
14. Bake for 30 minutes turning the tray half way through to get an even browning on the top.
15. After baking, you will notice that the top will have bulged up which is normal. Once cooled, it will flatten back.
16. It’s best to eat the quiche fresh but you can refrigerate it for 2 to 3 days.
8 Best Natural Ways You Can Use To Lose Weight
Losing weight has been worrisome to lot of people in the sense that they have spent lot of money in getting to fitness center, fitness trainers as well as weight loss supplement and also most of their time seem to be wasted. Many of them thought that it is a big problem and very difficult in fighting obesity. No, conquering obesity should not be a challenge at all if right things are done rightly.Want To Lose Weight? Stop Dieting Using the Wisdom of Chinese Medicine
Why don’t diets work? Diets promote the idea that a temporary imbalance through food restriction will yield a permanent state of balance in weight management. That’s just wrong on its face. Chinese medicine tells us that proper weight management occurs, not by the force of strong will power, but with balancing the Qi systems to achieve appropriate appetite.The Importance of Strength Training for Weight Loss
While daily cardio exercise is the core component of a weight loss exercise regime, many people don’t realize that strength training is also essential if you’re trying to lose weight. Though strength training might not be a part of your daily workout, it’s still a necessary part of your overall workout plans. But why is strength training so important? Isn’t it all about building muscle, rather than burning fat? It’s true that strength training doesn’t burn as many calories as cardio, and helps build muscle instead of burning fat. However, many people don’t realize that muscle does play an important role in weight loss. When a person has a higher muscle mass, his or her metabolism rate is raised, as muscle uses up more calories than fat in the body. So by raising the amount of muscle in your body, you will automatically be burning more calories, helping you lose weight at a faster rate.How To Remove Stretch Marks From Thighs And Belly After Pregnancy
Stretch marks form as a result of collagen and elastin fibers tearing from overstretching especially during pregnancy. They look more like scars than markings on the body. During pregnancy, they can occur on the abdomen or belly, the thighs and the breasts. The stretching and weight gain during pregnancy is what increases the chances of many women developing this cosmetic condition. Very few women manage to escape it, but some are lucky enough not to get them.The Best Way To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks From Breast
Stretch marks on the breasts result from the stretching that comes with growing in size especially during pregnancy. They can also develop during puberty. Those lucky enough not to get the marks during pregnancy and puberty will find that they develop after breastfeeding for some time. The breasts are under lots of stress and stretch as far as collagen fibers are concerned. This ends up making them fray resulting in the formation of discolored scars. The fibers can break with time which is why the stretch marks appear.Weight Loss Tips For Women – 4 Foods You Must Avoid
If you are serious about losing weight there are just certain foods you need to stay away from. Please know I am not saying you need to never eat this foods again for the rest of your life. I am simply saying you need to go easy on them.Weight Loss For Women – 4 Simple Exercises You Can Do From Home
Let’s face it ladies, we all have very hectic schedules we have to deal with on a daily basis. We have to wake the children up, make sure they brush their teeth, make sure they eat breakfast, get them off to school and the list goes on and on. Even after you do all that you have to get yourself ready, get to work and be ready for what could be a long day at the office.All You Need to Know About Fat Burning Foods
Obesity rates are at an all-time high. More than one third of all American adults are now obese or severly overweight. Even worse, the number of children who are overweight also make up more than one third. The consequences of this are too many to count. What’s exciting is that there is a “new” way to lose weight that does work. What we’re talking about here are so-called fat burning foods.Oil – The Good, the Bad, the Ugly!
What are the best oils to use for cooking, or in general? This article explains in detail what types to use. Enjoy!Have You Hit A Weight Loss Plateau?
What happens when you hit a weight loss plateau? It basically means that your weight loss has stopped. It stays as it is, not going up or down. So what can you do?