You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
It is less than 2 weeks to Chinese New Year and I am pretty sure that most of us will be busy making cookies. There are a variety of Chinese New Year cookies and food that symbolizes something in their own unique way. Peanut Cookies is one of the popular Chinese New Year snack and it symbolizes longevity and health.
Frankly, I was surprised at how easy it is to make these peanut cookies with only 5 ingredients and it’s egg and dairy free. It was Joyce, a friend who asked me whether I have a keto peanut cookies recipe and thanks to her, I experimented and came up with a keto version. I made a chunky crispy version as well as a melt in the mouth version. Basically, the recipes and methods are the same. It is a matter of grinding the roasted peanuts until a certain degree as shown in the video. Just be careful not to over grind it as it will become butter.
These peanut cookies are quite addictive. They are incredibly peanutty, moderately sweet and as I love a stronger salty flavor, I added a little more salt than usual. Frankly, they can be eaten anytime and for any occasions.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total servings = 33 x 15 g ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 1.9 g
Dietary Fiber = 1 g
Net Carb = 0.9 g
Calories = 79
Total Fat = 7.5 g
Protein = 2.5 g
[ Total servings = 48 x 9 g ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 1.3 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.7 g
Net Carb = 0.6 g
Calories = 54
Total Fat = 5.1 g
Protein = 1.7 g
Raw Peanuts = 190 g / 1 1/4 cup (Note: You can use either peanuts with skin or without. If using with skin, please remove the skin after roasting.)
Almond Flour = 150 g / 1 1/4 cup
Powdered Sweetener = 50 g / 1/4 cup (Note : You can use any keto friendly powdered sweetener or just grind the granulated sweetener until powdery. This is moderately sweet so you can adjust accordingly)
Salt = 2 to 3 g / 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Coconut oil = 85 ml / 6 tbsp
Egg Wash = 1 to 2 egg yolks (Note: For egg free version, you can omit this)
FOR THE PEANUTS
1. Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C
2. Place the peanuts on a tray with single layer and roast in the oven for about 12 to 15 mins or until browned.
3. Place the roasted peanuts in a multi grinder, food processor or magic bullet blender and grind until a meal-like texture with chunks for the crispy version or until moist and paste-like for the melt in the mouth version (see video for reference). Do not over grind as it will turn into butter.
FOR THE PEANUT COOKIES
1. Reduce the oven heat to 340F or 170C.
2. In a bowl, add the ground peanuts, almond flour, powdered sweetener, salt and mix until well combined.
3. Add the coconut oil and mix until a crumbly dough.
4. Use a measuring spoon to ensure the cookies are of the same size.
5. Scoop the dough into your hands and squeeze until the dough is firm. Then gently shape into a ball. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The dough for the crispy version is a bit challenging to shape due to the drier and chunkier texture but it is still doable. If the dough crumbles, just squeeze it again until firm then shape. The melt in the mouth version is much easier to shape due to the moist and paste-like texture hence, I made them smaller at about 9 g each. The crispy version is about 15 g each.
6. As an option, you can make an indentation at the center of the melt in the mouth dough with a chopstick just as a pattern.
7. Brush with egg yolks then bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool completely as the texture will firm up after cooling.
9. Store in airtight container and consume within 1 week. They can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks and frozen for months.
First track of music : In The Park
Second track of music : Sunday Brunch
Third track of music : Kitty Jazz
Music credit to : Ultimate Tracks
YouTube link ;
Five Qualities to Look for in a Weight Loss Program
There are so many weight loss programs available that it can be overwhelming to try to pick the best one. Here are five qualities to consider when choosing a weight loss program.Secret Tips to Get Rid of Cellulite Fast!
Want to finally get rid of unwanted cellulite? I’ve discovered some great, easy and free ways to get rid of unwanted cellulite forever!How To Burn More Fat With The Same Diet And Exercise Plan
When it comes to weight loss, there are people who feel better off sticking to one diet and the same set of exercises. This is not something that should come in the way of losing weight since it is very possible to still lose weight when under the same exercise plan and the same diet. As long as metabolism is kept running, the calories will keep burning hence the burning of more fats leading to weight loss. Here are some of the things that you can do to ensure that you lose weight even under the same exercises and the same diet.Best Diet Plans For Vegans Who Want To Lose Weight Fast
If you are a vegan, you should know that a non dairy frozen pizza is not a healthy choice just like soy pepperoni isn’t. To lose weight fast, you should keep off processed or boxed vegan treats and instead stick to the healthier options. Just because it is vegan doesn’t make it a healthy choice so be careful with the food choices that you make.Best 8 Weight Loss Tips For Single Moms
Single mums need to watch their weight just like everyone else. Letting yourself go health wise can deny you the chance to see your children grow. Good health is a boost to longer life and as a single mum you will enjoy the benefits of seeing your children grow up to achieve their dreams besides achieving a proud confident you.Things to Know Before Going for Liposuction
Everybody is on the rush to lose weight it seems. Be it an obese person or a figure conscious person. But when most people say they want to lose weight; what they really mean is that they want to lose weight without altering their current lifestyle. This means that they want to lose weight without changing their food habits and engaging in rigorous physical exercise. The reality of weight loss is that there are no shortcuts and you can therefore go for a cosmetic surgery to remove the excess fat.Famous Food Scientist Speaks About How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off!
Are you sick of chasing fad diets and signing up for scam-dipped weight loss programs? By trying to squeeze in endless hours at the gym and putting a lid on your cravings for high-calorie treats, weight loss can be no fun at all.5 Common Foods To Avoid For Effective Weight Loss
Have you been trying to lose weight to no avail? If you feel that you are not getting the desired results in spite of exercising or dieting then you are definitely doing something wrong. Very often, the biggest culprit is what you eat and not how much you eat.How To Lose Weight Fast During The Winter If It Is Really Cold Outside
The cold winter season can prove to be much of a challenge for people to remain active in losing weight. However, the cold should be not an excuse to stop with your weight loss endeavors. There are plenty of indoor activities that you can get engaged in and keep up with your weight loss plans. They will actually turn out to be more exciting than you thought.Raspberry Ketone and Garcinia Cambogia: The Role of Supplements in Weight Loss
Weight loss supplements such as raspberry ketone and Garcinia Cambogia have been making buzz in the health and wellness community. A lot of people aim to lose weight, but not everybody succeed in it. As such, they make use of some forms of help available to them, and these include the aforementioned supplements.