OMG !!! When I sank my teeth into these babies, I was hooked ! Imagine a layer of creamy peanut butter sandwiched between a fudgy brownie and nutty chocolate – it’s heavenly. And the sprinkling of coarse sea salt adds such a nice savory taste which goes so well with chocolate. The best testimony came from my carb eating family members – they love it ! They actually can’t tell that they are low carb or keto. So I am sure that you can impress your guests or family members with these Keto Peanut Butter Brownie Bars.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total Servings = 18 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 9.7 g
Dietary Fiber = 4.5 g
Net Carb = 5.2 g
Calories = 229
Total Fat = 21.8 g
Protein = 6 g
NOTE : AS ALWAYS, FOR BEST RESULTS, WEIGH THE INGREDIENTS
INGREDIENTS FOR FUDGY BROWNIE LAYER
Unsweetened chocolate = 175 g / 1 cup (Note: I used Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate but you can use any suitable chocolate)
Unsalted Butter (room temperature) = 113 g / 1/2 cup
Allulose = 120 g / 1/2 cup (OR any keto friendly sweetener)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (sieved) = 30 g / 1/4 cup
Coconut flour = 30 g / 1/4 cup (OR 120 g / 1 cup Almond flour or Ground Sunflower Seeds)
Eggs = 3 large (room temperature)
Salt = 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over the stove at low heat. You can also use the microwave to melt at intervals. Once the chocolate is almost melted, turn off the heat and remove the pan. Just whisk until it is fully melted. Do not overheat the mixture as it can cause the chocolate to split resulting in the fat seeping out from the cocoa butter.
3. Add the sweetener and whisk until combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk to combine until the texture is smooth and thick.
5. Add the salt, sieved cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
6. Add the coconut flour and fold with a spatula until well combined. The texture should be smooth and thick.
7. I used 3 small rectangular pans (size 7×3.5×3″) so that it is easier to cut into bars but you can also use 8 or 9″ square pans or any suitable rectangular pans. Line the pans with parchment paper. I divided the batter equally into the 3 pans and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 mins. Do not overbake as it can cause the brownie to be too dry. During baking, the top may bulge up but it is fine as you can use the back of a spoon to flatten it after baking. The top of the brownie may feel spongy after baking but will firm up once cooled.
9. Cool the brownie completely.
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
Unsweetened Creamy Peanut Butter = 300 g / 1 1/4 cup
1. Once the brownie layer is cooled, top with the peanut butter and spread evenly.
2. Tap the pans to even out the peanut butter.
3. Freeze for 30 minutes and meanwhile, prepare the nutty chocolate layer.
INGREDIENTS FOR NUTTY CHOCOLATE LAYER
Unsweetened Dark Chocolate = 220 g / 1 1/4 cup (I used Dark Chocolate sweetened with stevia hence, I did not add any sweeteners. If you are using unsweetened dark chocolate, then you may add any sweetener about 50 g / 1/4 cup. Add the sweetener after you remove the pan from the heat. Whisk and adjust taste accordingly.)
Unsalted Butter (room temperature) = 14 g / 1 tbsp
Toasted Nuts (Chopped) = 150 g / 1 cup (I used a combination of almonds and pecans but you can use any nuts of your choice)
Coarse sea salt = A handful
1. Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat. Do not overheat. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the sweetener if using.
2. Add the nuts and mix until well combined.
3. Add the nut mixture onto the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or until set and firm.
6. Cut into bars. If they are not firm enough, just chill them further after cutting.
7. These peanut butter brownie bars can be refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen for months.
Two Proven Steps To An Exceptional Beach Body
As summer moves into full swing the beach has become a central point of focus. And with the thoughts of hitting the beach come the vision of the perfect beach body. The perfect beach body is more of a subjective perception, but getting visibly fit is well within your grasp.4 Simple But Powerful Tricks To Develop Your Best Beach Body
As the temperatures rise and the summer season officially rolls in, it is time to begin thinking about developing your perfect beach body. Making a few tweaks to your weekly diet and exercise routine can help you to banish belly fat and look beach-ready in no time.Top 3 Beach Body Secrets To Weight Loss
Losing weight is hard. Seeking advice on how to do it is even harder, because it seems everyone has the magic formula. Here are a few facts about weight loss that may surprise you.3 Simple Steps on How to Lose Weight – The Truth About Fat Burning Foods
In this short article I will demonstrate to you that the healthy food out there that we believe is good for our bodies, could be unhealthy after all. There are some secrets about this food that will be unveiled to you because we need to know the truth about fat burning foods and fat storing foods. Some people think that only exercise will help them lose weight, but food is much more important than aerobics.Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Weight Loss
You have lost the weight, now you have to adopt a new way of eating and exercising. The new way has to be one you can maintain for life.Beneficial Low Carb Intermittent Fasting
If you are considering low carb intermittent fasting you will want to make sure read the entire article. Low carb diets might mean limiting carbs to 100 or even 50 grams per day. This means cutting way back on sugars, starches and all high carb foods. Of course this is better for your body, because your pancreas doesn’t have to work as hard to remove sugars from your system.How To Lose Fat Fast and Easy
This article covers the ground rules of weight loss. It states weight loss as it is, with no false hope or theories. It gives the reader the harsh truth about weight loss.Caffeine and It’s Effect on Weight Loss
This article covers the effects of caffeine on weightloss. The theories are discussed, as well as the obvious myths are busted.Green Coffee Beans: The Health Benefits Of Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee is the latest craze in an endless stream of so-called weight loss miracle diets. This product is believed to have health benefits not only for weight loss, but also for the prevention of heart disease, diabetes, and more.Healthy Eating Methods That Are Simple, Yet Effective
Food Tank is an organization that strives to provide solutions for hunger, poverty, and obesity. In honor of World Health Day in April, Food Tank highlighted several methods for healthy eating. Here are some of their tips that are relatively simple to incorporate into daily life.