These mini keto quiches are so cute and pretty. You can literally add any fillings that you like. What I have shown you in the video are just some suggestions which do not require any cooking. Of course, if you do not mind cooking, then you can even add some pan fried bacon, sautéed onions, stir fried leeks etc.
These mini quiches are suitable as appetizers, side dish, party food etc. The crispy crust really takes it up to the next level and if you are serving as party food or at any gatherings, I am pretty sure that you will be able to impress your guests.
As an alternative, you can choose any of my other crust recipes mentioned below. I will be compiling a video later on to share all the various crust recipes for easy reference.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total Servings = 6 ]
For Crust & Egg Mixture
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 9.7 g
Dietary Fiber = 4.2 g
Net Carb = 5.5 g
Calories = 470
Total Fat = 44.2 g
Protein = 14.5 g
Almond Flour = 240 g / 2 cups
Cold Butter (cubed) = 80 g / 1/3 cup
Whole Egg = 1
Salt = 1/2 tsp
You can also use the following alternative crusts but they may not be as crispy as this almond flour crust;
1. Coconut flaxseed crust from my lemon tart recipe – see https://youtu.be/Jo82Ca9o_SM
2. Vegan almond crust from my pecan pie recipe – see https://youtu.be/O0YAOEiftoY
3. This is a new crust I developed recently ;
Almond flour = 120 g / 1 cup
Coconut flour = 30 g / 1/4 cup
Cold Butter = 80 g / 1/3 cup
Egg = 1 large
Salt = 1/2 tsp
1. Add all dry ingredients into a bowl except for butter and egg. Mix until well combined.
2. Add the cold butter and use your fingers to mash them into small pieces. Then switch to flatten the pieces of dough between your hands. This helps to create a flaky texture. Once the dough is crumbly, it’s done.
3. Add the egg and mix until a dough is formed.
4. Shape the dough into a ball, wrap with cling foil, flatten and freeze for 15 mins.
5. After 15 mins, remove the dough from the freezer and divide it into 6 equal portions.
6. Use 4 inch non-stick mini pie pans with removable bottoms. You can get these mini pie pans online (at Amazon too). They come in many different sizes and they are very useful for making pie crusts.
7. Grease the pie pans with butter.
8. Shape the dough with your hands.
9.. Prick some holes with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
10. Freeze the dough for 15 mins.
11. After 15 mins, bake at 350F or 180C for 12 to 15 mins until moderately browned. As these mini pie pans are small, we do not need to blind bake with weights. But if the middle of the dough rises during baking, just press it down with the back of a spoon.
FOR EGG MIXTURE
Eggs = 4 large
Whipping Cream = 180 ml / 3/4 cup
Salt = 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper = 1/2 tsp
Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined. Adjust taste accordingly. If you are going to add more cheese in the filling then you can reduce the amount of salt.
Spring Onions (Garnishing)
Spring Onions (Garnishing)
Shimeji Brown (OR Button Mushroom)
1. Place the cheese and main ingredient into the baked crust.
2. Spoon the egg mixture into the crust.
3. Garnish with dill, spring onions or parsley.
4. Bake at 350F or 180C for 20 mins or until golden brown.
First track of music : In The Park
Second track of music : Sunday Brunch
Music credit to : Ultimate Tracks
YouTube link ;
Losing Weight – Men Versus Women
Weight loss is a subject that touches both on men and women. The fact however is that men have a tendency of losing weight much faster as compared to women. This can be a frustrating fact for many women, especially considering that they seem to be the group with greater weight loss needs. This is because women care a lot about how they look and want to look their best. It can therefore be frustrating when they seem to be making little progress, especially in cases where they are competing with male counterparts.The Right Use Of Medication For Weight Loss
Obesity is fast being recognized as the number one lifestyle disease in the world. In order to stay fit, losing weight has become a serious criteria. Most of us go through various health magazines, advertisements, suggestions given by expert trainers and nutritionists just to find an easy and effective solution to burn the fat and flab.7 Best Exercises to Lose Weight Fast
Relying exclusively on diet can take ages to yield any weight loss results. This implies that you will need to combine healthy eating with exercises; exercises that will ensure the body burns calories round-the-clock. Apart from losing weight, the coupling of the two will also leave you looking fit and attractive. Most people get confused when it comes to exercises that can help in losing weight fast. If you are one of them, we’ve compiled a list of the 7 exercises that work.The Dangers of Gastric Bypass Surgery for Weight Loss
Weight loss surgeries such as the lap band or gastric bypass are popular because of the false belief by many that it’s a quick fix to lose weight. In reality, these surgeries have a lot of hidden dangers. Read on to learn why these surgeries can be so harmful…Best Low Calorie Meals To Reduce Weight Quickly
Everybody wants to lose weight quickly. The secret lies in calorie intakes and hence the importance of regulating what goes into the mouth. Protein, fiber and water make some of the healthiest low calorie foods to help in reducing weight. There are however other great meals that you can enjoy and stay full at the same time avoiding any fatty storage which makes it harder to lose weight. Getting it right with your meals is the first step towards successful weight loss.Weight Loss Aids: Can a Pill Help You Lose Weight? Tried and Tested View on These ‘Miracle’ Products
Weight Loss Aids: I’ve been testing a lot of different brands of weight loss pills. Fat burners, carbohydrate blockers and raspberry ketones. What have I learnt and are they worth it?Losing Weight ~ The Mistakes We Make
Do you keep trying and trying to lose weight and the pounds just won’t vanish? You can increase your chances for success following some simple rules.How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week For Your Prom
Prom nights are some of the most important events for girls after schooling. It is an event whereby every girl wants to look her best to be crowned prom queen. Losing weight fast is one of the things that many girls will be looking forward to achieve before the prom. This is to make sure that they look their best in the outfits of their choice. Losing 10 pounds a week before the prom is quite an achievement and it is also something that can be achieved.Personal Evaluations
Give yourself an honest evaluation on how your overall health and well-being. Make a commitment and allow yourself to make necessary changes to improve your healthy lifestyle.Antibiotics and Chicken – Good, Bad, or in Between?
Hormones and antibiotics in our foods- what’s the big deal? Let’s read specifically about chicken and find out.