You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
So here’s the Coconut Flaxseed version as promised. Two days ago, I published the first Keto Lemon Tart using almond flour and it was very well received. You can check it out at this link ;
However, for those of you who prefer non nut flour, this is a good alternative and at almost 1 net carb per serving, it is literally guiltfree. With the buttery soft crust, creamy tangy filling, this lemon tart tastes so refreshing and delicious.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link ;
[ Total Servings = 12 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.6 g
Net Carb = 0.9 g
Calories = 113
Total Fat = 10.2 g
Protein = 3.9 g
Coconut Flour = 90 g / 3/4 cup
Golden Flaxseed (Finely Ground) = 60 g / 1/2 cup
Unsalted Cold Butter (cubed) = 60 g / 1/4 cup
Lakanto Powdered Sweetener = 30 g / 2 1/2 tbsp (OR any keto friendly sweetener) (Note: Sieve to ensure no lumps)
Whole eggs = 3 large
Salt = 1/2 tsp
Cold Water : 90 ml / 6 tbsp
Lakanto Powdered Sweetener = 150 g / 1 1/4 cups (Note: This is moderately sweet so please adjust according to your preference)
Whole Eggs = 2 large
Egg Yolks = 3 large
Salt = 1/2 tsp
Whipping Cream = 120 ml / 1/2 cup
Fresh Lemon Juice = 120 ml / 1/2 cup
Zest from 2 lemons
(Note: Any leftovers of the filling can be frozen as ice cream or use as salad dressing.)
1. In a bowl or food processor, add the coconut flour, flaxseed, sweetener, salt and mix until well combined.
2. Add the cold cubed butter and use either food processor, pastry cutter or hands to mash the butter until small pieces with crumbly texture.
3. Add the eggs, cold water and mix until a dough is formed. Shape the dough into a ball.
4. Place the dough onto a greased 9″ non-stick pie pan with a removable bottom. Spread evenly with hands until the entire pan is covered. This crust is quite thick so if you prefer a thinner crust, you can decrease the crust recipe by 1/3 or make into 2 smaller pie pans.
5. Prick some holes with a fork. Then chill the dough for 15 mins.
6. Once the dough is chilled, do a blind bake. Cover the dough with a parchment paper and fill with anything suitable or pie weights to weigh down the dough. Tent the pan with foil to prevent from overbrowning of the edges.
7. Bake at 350F or 180C for about 15 mins. Then remove the weights and paper and bake for another 15 mins or until slightly browned.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a bowl, add the sweetener, eggs, egg yolks, salt and whisk until well combined.
9. Add the lemon juice, zest and whisk until well combined.
10. Add the whipping cream and whisk until well combined.
11. When the crust is ready, pour the filling onto the crust.
12. Bake at a lower heat at 300F or 150C for about 20 mins or until the filling is just set. You can touch the filling and if it feels set or firm, then it is ready. Do not overbake as it will cause browning on the top of the filling.
13. After baking, remove the foil and let it cool to room temperature. Then chill for at least 1 hour before slicing.
14. This lemon tart can be refrigerated up to a week and it tastes so refreshing and delicious when chilled.
How To Lose Weight Permanently – Make Sure It Does Not Come Back Ever Again
Losing weight is just half the battle won. The remaining half is in keeping it off. Imagine how dreadful it would be if the weight you had worked so hard to lose, came back again to haunt you. Various studies have shown that many dieters end up gaining back the weight they had lost. In many cases, they would gain more weight than earlier. Not many realize that keeping weight off is the real victory as it is more difficult than losing weight.Losing Weight By Drinking More Water And Less Unhealthy Drinks
The good news is that with EFT, it is not that way at all. EFT, short for Emotional Freedom Techniques or Emotional Freedom Tapping, uses a unique mixture of targeted acupressure and releasing wording to change the way you eat and drink forever – enjoyably!How To Lose Stubborn Fat Belly Quickly
When you see movie stars flaunting their 6 packs and 8 packs, you are left with no option but to look down at your own pot belly and fret about the flab sitting around your midsection. The gym seems like the fastest way to lose stubborn fat belly. It puts you on the fast track to flat abs, but the problem with sudden, intense exercise is that the results are short-lived. The moment you stop you are bound to end up with your pot belly once again.The Fastest Belly Busting Secret Revealed
Belly fat is notorious for ruining your favorite outfit. However, that is not the only reason you should be worried about trimming an expanding waistline. There are two types of fat in the body. The first is visceral fat while the second is subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat sits nestled deep among your organs and if it increases beyond the healthy limit you are in for serious health trouble. It is the increase in visceral fat that accounts for a burgeoning belly.The World of Obesity – Seeking Volunteers
While on one hand the world is trying its very best to address poverty and malnutrition, on the hand it has to develop programmes to address obesity. Obesity has doubled since 1980 and it is now contributing to for chronic diseases. We must know what to eat, and we must also know when it is the best time to have our meals. The journey towards better health and happiness is never ending.How to Use Mindful Eating To Gain More Balance In Your Everyday Life
When I work with women helping them find their own balance with food (and life), this issue of taking on too much, and having too much on our plate, often comes up. It is the issue of taking on more than we are capable of managing. We say yes when we want to say no. We take on the persona of super woman, and inside we feel like we are just barely managing to get by.How To Diet To Lose Weight Quickly And Safely
Each of us has different weight loss goals. For some it’s a flat belly, for others it’s a slim waistline and for a few it’s about having toned arms and legs. Whether you achieve them or not, what is most important is to have a healthy self-image. It is the prerequisite of good health. And, that is why you should work towards maintaining healthy weight.Square Pegs and Round Holes – How Fitting In to Anything Is An Act of Self Harm
As I think about the idea of “fitting in”, the image that comes to mind is a square peg and a round hole, and someone shoving and pushing trying to make the peg fit into the hole. That poor, helpless square peg – what did he do to deserve that kind of treatment? The process is harmful, painful, and laborious, and honestly, futile. No fun, and really, no point.5 Simple Weight Loss Strategies – Why Be Fat When It’s So Easy To Be Thin?
“What fits better into your day, 1 hour of exercise or 24 hours of being fat?” I don’t think I have ever met anyone who enjoys being overweight, or who would prefer to be overweight. I know I certainly didn’t.Reduce Fat Fat With These Foods
While babies look adorable with chubby cheeks and a full face, the look is usually not ideal in adults. The good side is that you can reduce the face fat by eating the right foods. Here are some of the best foods that you should eat: Oatmeal It has plenty of whole grains and a lot of fiber. The whole grains ensure that there is no fat deposited on your body while fiber aids in increasing the rate of metabolism and as a result you easily burn fat. For ideal results you should avoid high sugar processed oatmeal.