This recipe was inspired by my sister, Jennifer. She saw an influencer posted granola bars on instagram and was craving for it so she asked me whether I could make a keto version. That led me to experiment with it and surprisingly, it turned out well on my first attempt. They are a little chewy, crispy, nutty, tasty and so yummy. And the best part is that they are super easy to make.
These keto granola bars are great on-the-go snack, awesome as energy bars during gym work, excellent as gifts or simply as a healthy snack.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total Servings = 18 ]
Total Carb = 7.1 g
Dietary Fiber = 4.1 g
Net Carb = 3 g
Calories = 273
Total Fat = 25.1 g
Protein = 7.5 g
FOR NUTS & SEEDS MIXTURE
Almonds = 150 g / 1 cup
Walnuts = 150 g / 1 cup
Pecans = 150 g / 1 cup
Pumpkin Seeds = 70 g / 1/2 cup
Sunflower Seeds = 70 g / 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes = 47 g / 2/3 cup (Note: In the video, I made a mistake by indicating 1/3 cup. Sorry about that ! It should be 47 g or 2/3 cup.)
1. Chop the nuts into smaller pieces (about 2 to 3 pieces depending on how big is the nut).
2. You can also opt for any nuts or seeds that you prefer.
3. Roast all the nuts and seeds in the oven at 350F or 180C for a few minutes or until crispy. Turn them midway so that they brown evenly. Reduce the heat if they are browning too fast.
4. As the coconut flakes browns very fast, reduce the heat to 300F or 150C and let it brown slightly. Keep an eye on them as they burn very quickly. A light toast would be good enough for them to be crispy.
5. Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl until well combined and set aside.
FOR SYRUP MIXTURE
Unsweetened Creamy Peanut Butter = 120 g / 1 cup (Note: You can also use almond butter).
Sugar Free Maple Syrup = 100 g / 5 tbsp (I used Lakanto but you can any keto friendly maple syrup)
Powdered Sweetener = 50 g / 1/2 cup (Note: I used self ground Erythritol but you can use any keto friendly powdered sweetener)
Vanilla Extract = 2 tsp
Salt = 6 g / 1 1/2 tsp
1. In a saucepan, add all the ingredients and cook over low to medium heat for a while just until smooth and thick.
2. Turn off heat, add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
3. Pour the syrup mixture over the nut and seed mixture.
4. Mix until well combined.
5. Use any suitable rectangular or square pans. In the video, I used 3 shallow pans with a size of 7×3.5×3″. Line the pan with parchment paper. See this video on how to line pans with parchment papers (https://youtu.be/_bnCwudgFt4)
6. Scoop the granolas into the pans. If you are using a few pans, it helps to weigh them after filling to ensure that they are of the same size.
7. Use a spoon to spread the top evenly. Then use a suitable cup with flat bottom to compress them as much as you can otherwise, there is a tendency that they will fall apart.
8. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours until set and firm. This is important as they can be crumbly if they are not set and firm enough.
9. Remove from pan and transfer onto a cutting board. Start from the middle and work sideways. It is easier to cut straight down to avoid any breakage.
10. Wrap the granola bar with a piece of parchment paper to prevent moisture from forming. This is also useful to prevent any sticky fingers when eating the granola bar. Then wrap with another layer of wrapping paper. Twist both ends for a candy-like style.
11. These granola bars can be refrigerated up to 1 or 2 weeks. They can also be frozen for months.
They actually taste great straight out of the fridge or freezer. The best part is that you can store these wrapped granola bars in a plastic bag or container in the fridge or freezer and both the inner and outer layers of the wrappers remain dry.
Weight Loss While Breastfeeding
You’ve spent nine long months carrying a child and you’re tired of feeling over-weight and unwieldy. You wish to know about leight loss while breastfeeding and don’t understand where to turn. Here are some answers to probably the most common questions relating to weight loss during this period.3 Diets to Whip You Into Shape This Christmas
If you’re reading this article shortly after it was published you’ll know that you have just over a month to whip your body into shape by Christmas. Now some dieticians may argue this is not feasible or safe but that depends on how much you’d like to lose. A safe and advisable weight loss figure would be at a max – 14lbs – that’s 2lbs per week till Christmas.3 Top London Food Delivery Services for Detox Dieters
With Christmas on the way this is the perfect time to get a good detox going meaning you can really feast out over Christmas without gaining a tonne of weight come the New Year. One obstacle however is staying stacked up with the right foods to keep you in check when you’re running low during the cold winter months and when you have to resort to a home delivery meal, low calorie healthy meals for dieters are few and far between.How Meal Replacements Stop Your Weight From Coming on the Rebound
Many people put on weight because they lack the discipline to live a healthy life. Many people sit too long in front of their television, hardly exercise and are compulsive eaters. They eat not because they are hungry and without thinking about what they stuff in their mouths.Paleo Diet – How the Paleo Diet Plan Can Help You Lose Weight and Avoid Obesity
It is amazing how your diet,and the food choices you make, can impact so dramatically on the way you look and feel. The Paleo diet plan helps you make the right food choices that will allow you to start losing significant amounts of weight as well as feeling much more healthy and energetic. Furthermore, the foods that you eat on the Paleo diet are not addictive and you won’t be left feeling hungry or wanting more after meals.Weight Loss Motivation – Problem Solving
A big issue most people face when trying to lose weight is getting and keeping the motivation. You need to be properly armed before you take on weight loss. I’m here to show you how you can use an innate human ability (that you use daily already) to tackle the weight loss monster! When you don’t feel like you are up against such a formidable opponent you will be motivated beyond belief and be on the road to victory!How Much Do You REALLY Weigh?
How much do you weigh, energetically? Learn how your thinking and frequency impacts your physical weight and how to Lighten Up it all.What You Need to Know About a Particular Diabetic Medication and Weight Loss
What is the connection between metformin and weight loss? In this article, we explore what metformin is and how it might be used to help you lose weight. Keep in mind that this information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure diseases. If you feel you need to consult with a medical professional, please schedule a visit with your doctor.Three Most Important Factors For Healthy Weight Loss
Are you searching for a customized fat loss program created just for you? Are you in information overload with all the online and TV hype about fat loss diet plans? Here, I explain three of the most important principals for long term weight loss that you need to know before choosing a program to follow.Lose Weight Before Christmas Time!
This article is designed to give advice to people who may be looking to lose some weight before the Christmas festivities begin this year. The article list some simple steps and some great advice on how to do this.