A year ago, I published a video on Keto Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake which became the second most popular cake recipe in my youtube channel ( click link to video here – https://youtu.be/E2oFWY8CUHs )
I have been receiving requests to come up with a similar recipe but using coffee and cream cheese. So I thought this is a really good idea and started to experiment with it. It took me quite a few trails to get it right as the ratios are different. This is the final result which I am so happy with. It’s a perfect combination and the cake is so soft, moist, flavorful and delicious. It’s a happy cake with a smiley face haha…
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total servings = 15 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 1.2 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.3 g
Net carb = 0.9 g
Calories = 171
Total fat = 17.1 g
Protein = 3 g
FOR CREAM CHEESE BATTER
Cream cheese (softened) = 180 g / 1 1/2 cup
Lakanto Powdered sweetener = 24 g / 1/4 cup (OR any keto friendly powdered sweetener. You can also use granulated sweetener)
Egg yolks = 2 large (room temp)
Coconut flour = 10 g / 1 tbsp [ OR Almond flour = 20 g / 2 tbsp ]
FOR COFFEE BATTER
Coconut flour = 90 g / 3/4 cup [ OR Almond flour = 300 g / 2 1/2 cups ]
Unsalted Butter (room temperature) = 160 g / 2/3 cup
Lakanto = 100 g / 1/2 cup (This is moderately sweet so you can adjust accordingly)
Whole eggs = 4 large (room temp)
Baking powder = 8 g / 2 tsp
Whipping cream = 120 ml / 1/2 cup
Instant coffee powder = 20 g / 4 tbsp (Dilute with 15 ml or 1 tbsp of hot water)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F or 170C.
2. Mix the instant coffee powder with hot water and stir to dissolve. Set aside
3. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese until creamy. Then add powdered sweetener and mix until well combined. Add egg yolks and mix until well combined. Finally, add the coconut flour and mix until well combined. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk the butter and sweetener until fluffy and the butter has turned into a pale color.
5. Add eggs one a time and whisk until well combine.
6. Sieve the coconut flour and baking powder into the batter. Fold to combine.
7. Add the whipping cream and fold until well combined.
8. Lastly, add the coffee mixture and fold until well combined. The batter is smooth and thick.
9. Spoon half the coffee batter into an 8×4″ loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly with a spoon or spatula.
10. Spoon half the cream cheese batter on top of the coffee batter at the middle section only. Spread slightly but do not spread until the sides.
11. Cover with the balance of the chocolate batter and spread evenly.
12. Top with the balance of the cream cheese batter just at the middle only. Spread slightly then use a wooden skewer to create patterns.
13. Bake at the middle rack for 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked and a wooden skewer comes out clean. If the top is browning too fast, cover with foil. The cake tends to be more brown at the sides but it’s it’s fine.
14. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
15. The cake can be refrigerated up to 1 week and frozen for months.
How to Burn Belly Fat – Key Factors
There are no quick fixes when it comes to knowing how to burn belly fat! Commonly referred to as visceral fat, it wraps around the internal organs and is associated with Heart Disease, Type 2 Diabetes and other health related ailments.Sleep For Health and Fat Loss
The benefits of sleep for optimal health and fat loss should not be over looked. This article on sleep benefits aims to show you how improved sleep can lead to a much healthier life.The Willpower to Losing Weight and Achieving Your Weight Loss Goals
Losing weight by dieting and exercising is excellent; however, if your mind is not focused you’ll never follow through. 10 Tips to losing weight and keeping it off!Fitness Tips for a Busy Life
We all know that life can be busy at times. Running back and forth from here to there, it can seem like there isn’t time to commit to improving and maintaining our health. In the midst of our “lack of time” we can do some little things to keep us moving in the right direction; check them out!Negative Calorie Foods: Eat As Much As You Want
‘Negative calorie’ means that you use more calories in eating and digesting the food than it contains, keeping in mind that we burn calories all of the time by simply living, even when we sleep. In practice the term is used for a lot of low calorie foods.4 Healthy Foods That Are Great With Any Diet
If you are starting a new weight loss diet, it is important to choose the right foods. Here are four healthy foods that are great with any diet.FTB – The Lose Weight System
This is quick overview (review) of FTB – The Lose Weight System. This new product is spreading like crazy and I share my secrets as to why that is happening.Vinegar and Weight Loss – Does This Diet Really Work?
Apple cider vinegar is the most common vinegar consumed in this diet. The idea behind the diet is that vinegar will reduce your appetite satisfying food cravings. This makes you feel fuller longer, reduces hunger and causes you to start eating less. Some studies have shown that vinegar and weight loss really are connected.Obesity: Causes and Cure
As the title suggests, this article revolves around the causes and cure of obesity. Since obesity is a root cause of various diseases, it is very important to get rid of it.A Guide To Weight Loss Through Walking
One fantastic way to get a calorie deficit is to walk for exercise. Walking is healthy for your body – it increases your heart rate, oxygen flow, and blood circulation, while also boosting your metabolism. Concurrently, walking activates your muscles, which promotes the burning of fat and calories.