You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
This is a further development from the original shortbread version published last week. If you love chocolate and shortbread, you will definitely love these keto chocolate shortbread cookies. I made 2 variations here using almond and coconut flours. They are eggless and can be made vegan by replacing with vegan butter.
So simple and easy to make. However, cutting them is a little more challenging that the original version as they tend to be more crumbly. I have actually tried making round ones by wrapping the dough with cling wrap then roll them into a log then chill for 1 hour. However, it crumbles easily during slicing so I wouldn’t recommend it. The square shapes are much easier to cut with even pressure at the bottom but for this chocolate version, it is a little crumbly but still ok. Of course, the easiest is to just shape them into balls then flatten them.
I love to eat them chilled as they taste so good with a firmer and crispier texture. As usual, please measure the ingredients for best results.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
ALMOND FLOUR VERSION
[ Total Servings = 26]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 3.2 g
Dietary Fiber = 1.4 g
Net Carb = 1.8 g
Calories = 101
Total Fat = 9.7 g
Protein = 2.8 g
COCONUT FLOUR VERSION
[ Total Servings = 26 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 1.9 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.8 g
Net Carb = 1.1 g
Calories = 63
Total Fat = 6.3 g
Protein = 1.4 g
Almond Flour = 180 g / 1 1/2 cups (OR Coconut Flour = 60 g / 1/2 cup)
Unsalted Butter (softened) = 150 g / 2/3 cup (Note: For vegan version, use vegan butter)
Lakanto Powdered Sweetener = 50 g / 1/2 cup (OR any keto friendly sweetener)
Salt = 1/2 to 1 tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder = 30 g / 1/4 cup
Toasted almond nibs = 80 g / 1 cup
1. Beat the butter and powdered sweetener in a bowl using a hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
3. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, salt and whisk to combine.
4. Use a spatula to mix the dough well. Then add the toasted almond nibs and mix to combine.
5. For an easy option, just shape the dough into small balls then flatten them. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper then chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 mins to prevent the butter from leaking and browning too quickly during baking.
6. For nice square pieces, use a non-stick U-shape mold. You can easily order these molds online or buy from baking ingredient shops.
7. Line the mold with parchment paper.
8. Divide the dough into 2 portions. Shape the dough into a log then place into the mold. Press down the dough and flatten it evenly including the sides. Fold the paper over and flip the mold over. Remove the mold and fold the sides of the paper. Repeat the process with the balance of the dough.
9. Place the wrapped dough on a tray or any flat container and freeze for 1 hour.
10. After 1 hour, remove the dough and it should be firm enough to cut. Otherwise, just freeze it longer.
11. Slice into 1/4 inch or 6.35 mm thickness and place on baking tray lined with parchment paper. If you are taking some time to cut the other dough, then place the cut pieces on the tray in the fridge to chill until ready to bake.
12. Bake at 320F or 160C for 12 to 15 mins.
13. After baking, the cookies may appear very soft and delicate but don’t worry, just let it cool on the tray for about 15 to 20 mins or until its firm enough to transfer to a wire rack. Let them cool completely and the texture will firm up further. It will even firm up more on the next day.
14. Store in air tight containers up to 2 or 3 weeks.
15. These cookies can also be kept in the refrigerator and they actually taste very good when chilled.
16. They can also be frozen and eaten straight from the freezer.
Fresh Juices For Weight Loss And Better Health
Want to lose weight start with some natural and healthy vegetables and fruits juices. The key to weight loss is to restrict calories but it is very difficult to get all the nutrients while reducing calories and restricting food intake. Combination of these vegetables and fruit juices will help you to achieve your weight loss target in healthy way.How To Become Healthier
Why do we make losing weight seem to be such a great task when we already know what we need to do? Why do we make exercising a difficult chore?End Emotional Eating With Garcinia Cambogia
Most of us have been there: We’ve had a frustrating day at work, a relationship breakdown, a fight with a friend or we’re simply not feeling ourselves. We turn to the goodies in the refrigerator to ease the pain and are left with nothing but weight gain to show for it.Dieting Is For Losers! Are You Addicted To Dieting?
Productive weight loss is measured by any amount of eliminated body fat. Quit dieting! Dieting is for losers! Are we addicted to dieting, possibly with the next high profile diet? Because dieting just doesn’t work. We need to realize that dieting means we are cutting back on really important calories. The calories that we need to eat in order to nourish our bodies and accomplish continued weight loss. If we look back at the history of dieting, It is clear that all we need to do is to eat plenty of whole, clean, food. It is important to feel satisfied after we eat any meal. People who wish to remain at the top of their game cannot allow the feeling of carloric deprivation or else we fail to lose fat, Are we setting ourselves up for an increased gain in fat? Hormones play an important role in fat loss. When we begin to lose hormone tranquility, our ability to lose fat is reduced significantly. If starvation (dieting) begins, fat loss stops. Leptin, a hormone we carry, is there to insure that we keep enough of a fat store to live on during starvation; instead we begin to burn muscle.Know Healthy Eating Habits For Weight Loss
Experts are of the opinion that good eating habits can bring about a positive impact on your overall health. So, in addition to achieving the weight loss benefits, weight loss healthy eating plans can ensure your overall health and wellbeing as well. When talking about healthy food habits, the important thing you should avoid is junk foods.The Fight To Get Fit
Have you had many struggles over the years losing weight and getting into shape? Let’s face it, losing 30, 50, 80, 100+ pounds may be terribly difficult to accomplish especially if you have trouble controlling what you eat and getting a regular form of exercise. This entire process can be thought of as a fight to get fit.Garcinia Cambogia Extract As A Weight Loss Supplement
Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit which is native to Indonesia, India and the other parts of Southeast Asia. The fruit has long been used in various different soups and cuisines. It was also once used by the long-distance travelers to help curb their hunger when on the road. The extract is taken from the rind of this fruit, which contains Hydroxycitric Acid, the main ingredient for weight loss.Foods That Will Kill Your Metabolism
Review the foods that kill your metabolism and why. Read about some suggestions to boost your metabolism and increase your chances for faster weight loss.What Time Should You Eat To Lose Weight Effectively?
Nutritionists said that if you have a meal punctually, you will lose weight efficiently and take care of yourself. This is even more important than reducing greasy food. Build a timetable so that eating on time can give you a great health.Approaching Weight Loss With The Correct Mindset
Have you tried various diet programs but failed which made you wonder why you are unable to lose any weight? The trick is in changing your mindset and expectations.