You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
This is the ultimate keto pie which I have been wanting to make and I finally did. It turned out so well with a creamy chicken filling, crispy and flaky crust. It’s delicious !
This Keto Chicken Pot Pie uses my almond flour crust but with a slight twist. I had to add xanthan gum to enable the dough to be rolled, lifted and transferred to the pie pan. I have actually tried adding psyllium husk but found that it’s not suitable for the crust. Hence, xanthan gum is required. I have also used xanthan gum to thicken the chicken fillings as adding coconut flour wasn’t working too well as I had to add a lot and the coconut taste became obvious. Hence, xanthan gum worked better as the thickener in this case.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total Servings = 12 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 13.9 g
Dietary Fiber = 7.3 g
Net Carb = 6.6 g
Calories = 434
Total Fat = 38.75 g
Protein = 14.9 g
Cooked Chicken = 280 g / 2 cups (Note: I used roasted chicken breast but you can use any part of chicken whether roasted, boiled or steamed)
Unsalted Butter = 60 g / 1/4 cup
Yellow Onion = 1 small (diced)
Carrot = 1 small (cubed)
Frozen Peas = 120 g / 1 cup
Chicken Stock = 360 ml / 1 3/4 cups
Whipping or Heavy Cream = 120 ml / 1/2 cup
Xanthan Gum = 4 g / 1 tsp
Salt = 1 tsp
Black Pepper = 1 tsp
Egg Wash = 2 egg yolks + 1 tsp water OR 1 whole egg
1. Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat.
2. Add onions, carrots and cook until the carrots are tender.
3. Add the chicken stock, cream and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum first. Stir until slightly thickened.
4. Add the chicken, thyme, salt, pepper and cook for a while. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
5. Add the balance of Xanthan Gum to thicken further.
6. Once it is thick enough, remove from heat and set aside to let it cool.
Almond Flour = 480 g / 4 cups
Cold Unsalted Butter (Cubed) = 160 g / 2/3 cup
Salt = 1 to 2 tsp
Xanthan Gum = 32 g / 8 tsp
Cold Water = 160 ml / 11 tbsp
1. Add the dry ingredients into a big bowl. Mix until well combined.
2. Add the cold cubed butter and mash with hands until small pieces. Then switch to flatten the dough with butter between hands to create flaky layers. It’s done when the dough looks crumbly.
3. Add the cold water and mix until a dough is formed. The dough should be quite dry.
4. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Cling wrap each dough and flatten to form a disc. Freeze for 1 hour.
5. In the video, I used a 9 inch or 23 cm pie pan with a removable bottom. You can use any pie pan around 8 to 9 inch or 20 to 23 cm.
6. After the dough is chilled enough, roll it between 2 parchment papers until a diameter of of 11 to 12 inch or 30 cm.
7. Flour the rolling pin and transfer the dough to the pie pan (as shown in the video).
8. Gently press the dough into the edges of the pan and trim off any excess dough. The dough should be slightly taller than the pan.
9. Spoon the fillings onto the pan and spread evenly.
10. Repeat the rolling process with the second dough and transfer to the pan to cover the fillings. Trim off any excess dough. Pinch both doughs together to seal.
11. Pinch the edges of the dough to create a pattern.
12. Brush with the egg wash.
13. Make a few small slits at the middle of the dough to release steam during baking.
14. Sprinkle with some coarse sea salt and black pepper (optional).
15. Bake at 350F or 180C at the middle rack for 1 hour or until golden brown. If the sides are browning too fast, cover with foil.
16. Cool for at least 15 mins before serving (9 to 12 servings).
17. The pie can be refrigerated up to 5 days or frozen for months.
18. It can be reheated with a mini electric oven or toaster.
25 Weight Loss Tips!
Sometimes simple tips and steps can add up to big weight loss or fitness gains! Implement several of these tips to start achieving the results you want!Weight Loss Through Interval Training
In case you are looking for ways to enhance your fitness level and become stronger, you should certainly consider interval training, which is getting popular by the day. As a result of many studies, it has been realized that this kind of physical activity improves the level of fitness, encourages the loss of weight and enhances stamina. It is estimated that thirty minutes of this training can give you a total workout.How to Lose Weight – The Most Important Thing You’ll Ever Read
Too many people go on a diet, stick with it for a while, and then have a slight slip-up, and just give up. This is because the way we view dieting is completely backwards. Change the way you think about dieting, and never “fall off the wagon” again.Lose Weight With a Personal Trainer in Orange County
Even though Orange County offers many sport possibilities to its inhabitants, there are still many people who struggle with their weight no matter how much sport they make. This is because they do not know how to do exercises properly and end up disappointed when they don’t see the expected results. To this extent, going to a personal trainer in Orange County is sometimes the best choice a person can make. This region has highly experienced trainers and various gyms and boot camps, so those who want to lose weight can rest assured they will have where to choose from. Of course, their personal trainers might advise them to start a jogging program on Seal Beach or Huntington Beach, very popular locations for joggers in this region.Diet Tips for Post Workout Drinking
It is the age old question, is drinking after you workout detrimental towards your body? The effects are not as bad as you might think, but there are things you should consider.Easy Things to Do to Lose Weight
Not everything is hard, when you are trying to lose weight and stay healthy. Here are some small changes you can make that are very simple.Super Foods: Do They Really Exist? What Do They Do? And My Personal Recommendations!
A look at the science behind Super Foods. What the experts say, what they allegedly do, and my personal recommendations (despite one allergy!)White Mulberry Extract Blend – What To Know
Currently, it is one of the hottest weight loss supplements right now and is considered by a lot of people as the all-in-one package weight loss product. More and more people are using it simply because it holds tons of powerful fat busting ingredients which are usually found individually on other health supplements.The Various Benefits Of Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee bean extract by far has become of the biggest news makers in the field of health and wellness today. It is considered by many as the total fat buster because of the various health benefits that it contains. It came from raw green coffee beans. Scientists have found out that raw green coffee beans contain an organic compound called chlorogenic acid which could greatly affect your body’s metabolism.Why Emotional Eating Is Okay If You Choose Victory Over Victimhood
Emotional eating gets a lot of people in a lot of trouble. However, if you learn how to manage your emotional eating by being a victor instead of a victim, it’s not as bad as you think.