Dr Ann Barter shares what is serotonin and how to produce serotonin naturally, and what how to balance neurotransmitters in the brain naturally. You’ll also discover the best foods to improve mood, and the worst foods for mood.
In this episode, Dr. Ann talks all about neurotransmitters. First, she explains that neurotransmitters are the messengers in our body; they are crucial to our overall health and happiness. If you’re curious about how well your neurotransmitters are working, Dr. Ann recommends getting an Organic Acids Test (OAT) done. Plus, Dr. Ann reveals which supplements she recommends to her patients struggling with dopamine levels. Tune in as we talk about the effect carbs will have on dopamine and why ketosis is so essential for our neurotransmitter health.
// E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
👉 PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee. Visit http://www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off.
[02:15] About Dr. Ann
[05:15] Why Dr. Ann Loves Neurotransmitters
– Dr. Ann meets patients who just can’t change their diets. Person after person, Dr. Ann wanted to know what was going on.
[09:15] About Neurotransmitters
– Neurotransmitters are messengers for your body.
– They work in the brain and make us feel good. However, they also run digestion, muscle coordination, and other functions.
– When we think about adrenal health, dopamine shares a pathway with our fight or flight chemicals. It’s associated with our adrenal health. Sometimes when someone is exhausted, it could be dopamine depletion.
– Dopamine can become depleted for a variety of reasons. Some people do not methylate correctly. Chronic stress can also deplete dopamine.
[11:45] How Methylation Works
– You need certain chemicals to make the dopamine conversion.
– When Dr. Ann runs testing, people are depleted in Vitamin C, B6, and magnesium.
[16:15] Getting The Organic Acids Test
– There are other tests, but Dr. Ann uses an Organic Acids Test.
– If someone has dopamine depletion, it could be related to something they have been exposed to.
[22:00] Recommending Supplements
– When someone goes to see Dr. Ann, they have poor gut health. That’s why Dr. Ann will recommend supplements.
– If you are chronically iron deficient, then something in the gut could be creating inflammation.
– Dr. Ann would like to kill critters before supplementing.
– If you can optimize your gut, you can get the necessary vitamins and minerals through your food.
– Dr. Ann will give a product that has B6, B9, B12, and B2. However, she checks with the individual where they are high and where they are low.
[24:40] How Carbs Will Affect Our Dopamine
– Processed carbs make our neurotransmitters pop up and crash even lower than before.
– When you have been overeating carbs, you try and increase your dopamine levels. However, the dopamine will be lower than they were before.
[33:10] The Benefits Of Ketosis On Neurotransmitters
– All hormones rise in ketosis.
– Being in ketosis is beneficial for neurotransmitters as long as you are not too depleted.
– If someone is starving themselves, then it may not be beneficial for neurotransmitters.
– As a general rule, fasting is good for neurotransmitters.
[39:20] The Best Foods For Neurotransmitters
[50:40] How To Know What You’re Lacking
– Run an Organic Acids Test (OAT) to see what’s going on.
– It’s a urine test.
[52:40] Increasing Glutathione
– Dr. Ann will give it to her patients straight – it is critical for overall health.
– Also, Dr. Ann recommends a glutathione liposomal.
● Dr. Ann’s Website: https://altfammed.com
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/altfammed/
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ann.barter.3
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/altfammed
● The Fearless Health Podcast: http://fearlesshealthpodcast.com
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#neurotransmitters #serotonin #dopamine
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
My Experience With the Bulletproof Coffee Diet
Every so often a weight loss method hits the market and everyone goes crazy over it. The weight loss method that I have come across today is something called Bullet Proof Coffee. Bullet proof coffee was created by Dave Asprey who learned of it from a bunch of Sherpas at 18,000 foot in tibet.How to Eat All You Want and Still Stay Trim
We all have that amazingly trim figured friend we envy. That one friend who goes through four or five courses at the barbecue, washes it all down with lots of soda while we nurse a fat free salad, and yet amazingly manages to keep looking fab (stick thin). If you don’t have that friend then its probably you, in which case, you can smile through this post. Often times we ask exactly how did they do it?, and we get that tongue in cheek response, “its good genes”.NO COFFEE? How I Survived the 28 Day Clean Eating Challenge, and How My Coffee Addition Was Kicked!
I am taking the Arbonne 28 day clean eating challenge, and the first 2 days were complete torture! Read about the secret weapons I used to survive, and how my detox is going!The Role of a Journal in Your Fitness and Nutrition Goals
The ONLY person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday. This intelligent quote conveys an important message for you to keep in mind when you are working to achieve fitness goals, whether it be losing weight, eating healthier or building muscle. You only need to be better than how you were yesterday.How to Lose 15 LBS in 10 Days Very Easily
In this article I will discuss what is a “10 day diet”, and whether it is a good idea to follow this diet. This kind of diet would make you lose 15 lbs, this healthy or not at all? Let’s find out!Diet and Exercise – Age Old Advice That Is Still Around Because It Works
I always hated hearing about diet and exercise. I wanted something easier. The problem is, there is no easy solution. You took a while to get to this point, and you will take a while to get back. There are, however, ways to make sure you are making the right choices that will lead you to victory instead of frustration.How To Lose Belly Fat Fast With Effective Tips From The Experts
One of the most common health problems that many people face today is keeping a healthy and fit body. Because of unhealthy lifestyle, more and more people get sick and do not have the healthy and fit body that they have always wanted. These people then become over-weight and sometimes obese.Learn How to Lose Weight Fast – Top 3 Tips for Weight Loss
VERYBODY wants to know how to lose weight fast. You might have the wedding coming up, the trip to Mexico, or the class reunion. Whatever the reason might be, people always want to know the secret to losing weight fast. Well, you might be thinking you know what I’m about to say. There is no secret! Weight loss takes a lot of dedication and consistency. That truly is the secret. HOWEVER, don’t quit reading just yet. There are a few tips I can offer that can help you. No fat loss tip can turn you from couch potato to chiseled abs in a short time, and any product or person who claims they can is LYING to you and you should avoid them (phew). With that said, I can teach how to lose weight fast in a reasonable, safe and permanent manner.Natural Cures That Work Wonders For Your Weight Loss Dreams
Just because a product is labeled as “natural,” “healthy,” or “organic,” does not mean that it will make you lose weight with regular consumption. Natural cures help you restore your normal weight gradually, and effectively.Weight Loss Achieved by Resistance Training
Weight loss occurs only when you do cardiovascular as well as strength training on a regular basis. In general it is good to exercise because this can lead to weight loss but only when coupled with proper food intake as well as strength training.