Dorian Greenow from Keto Mojo reveals how you know if you’re in ketosis. We discuss the best and worst ways to test for ketones. Optimal glucose and ketone ranges to hit, and more.
Upgraded Formulas Hair Mineral Analysis Kit:
https://www.upgradedformulas.com. Use code BEN10 for 10% off
Related Video: How High Should My Ketones be for Ketosis? | How to Read Ketone Strips: https://youtu.be/zqUdFVeSWz4
Get your Keto Mojo device here: http://www.ketokampmachine.com use ketokamp at checkout for a discount.
[00:00] How Dorian Greenow Got Involved In The Health Space
– After diving into science, a low-carb diet made sense. Over a period of three months, his weight dropped off, and he got off all of the antidepressants.
– In 2017, Dorian and his wife lost their house. They used the last of their money to start Keto-Mojo.
[05:50] Why You Should Start Testing Your Ketones
– Measurement is the first step that leads to control.
– Once you can control something, you can improve upon it.
– There are different types of tests between blood, breath, and urine. Blood is the gold standard.
– Why are you choosing to go on a ketogenic diet? When you learn your why, it will become a lot easier to follow the lifestyle.
– First, you’ll want to know if you’re in ketosis or if you’re not in ketosis. That way, you can tell what types of foods are kicking you out of ketosis.
– “Let the data drive you.” -Dorian
[16:50] The Reason You Shouldn’t Measure Ketones With Urine Strips
– With urine strips, you don’t get clear digital granularity. Also, it can be really affected by hydration.
– If the strip is dark, people think they are in ketosis. However, it most likely means that the person is dehydrated.
– In addition, the ketone breath meter are pretty much useless. They were originally designed for methane detection. To get acetone in the breath, you have a tiny level of resistance.
– Plus, there is no method of control for both the urine strips and the breath analyzers.
[24:15] The Optimal Ranges You Want To Aim For With Your Results
– We give a keto mojo review
– We love ketone blood test strips for accuracy
– Nutritional ketosis starts around 0.5 – 1.52.
– Over 1.52 into 3 and 4 will be a deeper ketosis zone.
– With blood glucose, 80 – 100 is what you’re going for in the morning.
– When trying out new food, a 30 point rise should be concerning.
– Visit Keto-Mojo: https://keto-mojo.com/
[32:40] Will Coffee Break Your Fast? Use Data To Find Out
– Will you have a reaction to coffee? It depends on what you put in it.
– People need to become their own mentors by using data.
– Use data to guide your eating habits. That way, you can see whether or not certain foods are right for you.
– The person who’s going to be most successful is the one who finds their path.
– Keto is a lifestyle; it’s not a diet.
[35:45] Measuring The Maximum Autophagy State With GKI
– If you do a test within four minutes of each other – glucose and ketone test, and you download it to the Keto-Mojo app, which is free, it’ll calculate the GKI.
– 6 – 9 is light nutritional ketosis.
– 3 – 6 is deep ketosis.
– 1 – 3 is a high therapeutic zone.
– 1 is really hard to get into.
– Ketones are actually human’s default fuel source. Glucose was not meant to be our default.
– In nature, carbs are rare. We evolved as a species by eating meat. Burning fat is our primal birthright
[45:10] MyMojoHealth Cloud Connects Data to Many Platforms
Resources from this episode:
Learn about MyMojoHealth: https://auth.us.mymojohealth.com/
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#ketomojo #ketosis #ketones
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
How Can You Lose Weight?
While weight loss is not an easy goal to achieve, one can manage to lose a significant amount of weight if he/she follows a weight loss plan properly. The majority of the people fails to lose weight properly because they do not know the right methods to do so. To help such individuals out on their weight loss journey, here are five steps that must be followed:Permanent Weight Loss Is Sabotaged by Hypnosis
Dieting by cutting calories and exercising is the focus of most hypnosis sessions. But permanent weight loss is not achieved by eating less and exercising more. That’s why using hypnosis to lose weight will not be an effective strategy to lose weight.Want to REALLY Lose Weight But Are Confused Where To Begin?
Since the process of losing weight is a task that is dependent on each individual, the success one has will be determined on how motivated they are to take the necessary steps that will improve the health of their bodies. Essentially, when striving to tackle the process of losing weight there are two areas a person needs to address – the food eaten every day and the exercise a person gets on a regular basis. When both of these areas are carefully monitored and maintained, you will lose weight.How Technology Has Helped Make Us Fatter
It’s a fact that as a society we’ve become more technologically connected than ever before. Unfortunately, as a whole we are just not being as active as we used to be in the past. When you stop and think about this it makes a lot of sense. We have come a long way over the past few decades, however with all these technological advancements comes a repercussion especially for those who have allowed this technology to make them complacent and become careless when it comes to nutrition and exercise.Everything You Wanted to Know About Morbid Obesity
A lot of money is spent every year in treating those suffering from obesity. Most developed nations are also on the list of countries spending money on the treatment of people affected with the same.How To Start Losing Weight Simply By Intermittent Fasting
If you have not heard about intermittent fasting, then you have definitely been living under a rock. Intermittent fasting is definitely the latest and most effective way to lose weight and lose it forever. Now I know you might be thinking: fasting?How to Jumpstart Your Exercise Goals for Summer Weight Loss
A family practice gives helpful tips for taking the first steps to weight loss in preparation for the summer. Tips include meal preparation, sleep and exercise.The Ultimate Weight Loss Secrets!
More than trying to discover where the lost treasure of the pirates is, what people really want to know is that singular weight loss secret that allows them to indulge in whatever they want to eat and still lose weight drastically without even lifting a finger. It is better to swallow the truth pill now, than to keep on searching for a secret that doesn’t exist. It is true that there is no such weight loss secret that will shed all those pounds which you have carefully put on yourself without an effort put in by you.Three Things to Do to Burn More Fat
Forget about dieting. With exercise and food that is good for you, you will feel fantastic and never have to deprive yourself again.How Can I Lose Belly Fat?
If you are reading this article, it most likely means you have made up your mind to get rid of that extra belly flab that has been weighing you down. Now that you have taken the first step towards your goal, you need to consider what direction your weight loss plans will lead you to. Many ways like to perform tasks, there have been always a hard way and an easy way. Choosing the right path is normally never easy. In fact, you will be in for a rough ride on the right path because it is one which very few follow. However, if you stick to it, do not allow yourself to lose confidence and stay on the plan as the end results are extremely rewarding.