Dr Stephanie Estima reveals a week by week breakdown on how menstruating women should follow the keto diet. You’ll discover how different hormones fluctuate throughout the month, and how to pair this nicely with ketosis and intermittent fasting.
Watch The Full Interview Here: https://youtu.be/O2NPWLfDWZ0
Dr. Stephanie Estima studied Neuroscience and Psychology before becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic. She has been in private practice for 16 years where she is helps people achieve extraordinary health at her Toronto clinic -The Health Loft.
Also, she is the host of Better with Dr. Stephanie. This show is for high performing women who want to have BETTER bodies, BETTER minds, BETTER relationships, BETTER sex, and BETTER families.
In this Keto Kamp Podcast episode, Dr. Stephanie Estima opens the show by explaining how she discovered that keto cycling could benefit your menstrual cycle. Period symptoms should not be considered normal. Instead, we should think of them as warning signs that our body needs something. Every symptom can be a vital sign of something more profound and more significant. Then, Dr. Stephanie dives deep into the menstrual cycle. She explains what you should be eating during each part of your cycle.
Menstruation During Ketosis – Keto Diet and Women’s Hormones
Here is what it looks like to do keto during your period.
– Week 1: When we think about the first week of our cycle, it’s the bleed week.
– Most hormones have gone on vacation during this time. FHS is still around (follicle-stimulating hormone). One lucky egg will be developed. So, it’s a wonderful week for vegetables.
– The first two weeks of your cycle are all about developing your follicle – you will be more resilient to restrict carbohydrates. It’s a nice week for fasting because we don’t have progesterone.
– Week 2: After the bleed week and into the second week, it’s the week before ovulation.
– Ovulation is the main event – it’s the whole point of your menstrual cycle.
– Whether or not you want a child, that’s what your body wants to do.
– In this week, we see estrogen. Estrogen is designed for growth because we want to develop the follicle.
– The other hormone that comes up is testosterone. In this week, your interest in sex should go up.
– Week 3: Week three happens after your ovulation.
– Now, your egg can hang around and wait for sperm.
– The entire hormonal landscape is going to change.
– Back off aggressive fasting this week.
– Give yourself flexibility- we are much more sensitive than our male counterparts.
– Add resistant starches to your diet during this week. Resistant starches are foods that will resist digestion. It cannot be broken down in the small intestine. Instead, they will go into the large intestine. Luckily, they don’t count toward your carbohydrate intake. Some examples of resistant starches: green bananas, green plantains, raw potatoes, cold rice,
– Week 4: Peak week!
– During a blood test this week, all of the things will be down.
– Relax on keto this week and pump up the calories.
– Get out of ketosis – eat squash, sweet potato, and fruit.
The Importance Of Listening To Our Body
– Listen to your body and what it is trying to tell you.
– If you really like to increase fat on a certain week, then do it.
– Dr. Stephanie only has best practices. However, every woman is different, unique, and beautiful.
Listen to Better with Dr. Stephanie: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/better-with-dr-stephanie/id1479074542
Order The Betty Body: https://amzn.to/2VZ09e1
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | email@example.com
Be sure to subscribe to my Keto Kamp Podcast for further education.
#BettyBody #DrStephanieEstima #KetoForWomen
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
Should You Buy Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract for Your Diet?
A lot of people are talking about pure Garcinia Cambogia extract these days and how it can help you lose weight quickly. Here is some important information on where to buy Garcinia Cambogia as well as how it can help accelerate your healthy weight loss.4 Simple Tips On How To Lose Weight
Today I am going to show you how to lose weight. Weight loss comes down to one simple rule: Calories in versus calories out. This means if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight. Therefore you have to be eating a fairly low level of calories so that you can burn of more to actually lose weight.3 Fab Fat Loss Tips
Fat loss! Many people have wracked their brains trying to find out the best ways to lose fat, as a Personal Trainer my research into fat loss has brought me many great strategies and nearly as many ridiculous strategies. I believe one of the reasons why many diets and dieters fail to reach their goals is by over complicating things, clearly there is a degree of intelligence needed to choose and follow the right fat loss strategy but you don’t need to be a rocket scientist.Improvements in Weight Loss Surgery Makes Them Safer
With the obesity rate in the United States continuing to rise, it is no wonder that many more people are considering undergoing some type of weight loss surgery. There are many different options available to those who are interested in weight loss surgery; but the first question that many patients ask is, whether it is safe for them.Tips For Losing 50 Pounds in 3 Months
Losing 50 pounds in 3 months is not impossible. There are many commercials that tell you it is possible to lose weight fast by taking diet pills. Some advertisements claim that you can lose fat within a short period of time by enrolling in a certain weight loss program. Usually, you will regain back your weight after taking diet pills. Therefore, it is a waste of money to buy these weight loss products. The best strategy to losing 50 pounds in 3 months is through eating healthy food and regular exercise.How To Lose Weight Quickly In 2 Simple Steps
If you have been searching for different weight loss methods via which you can lose weight quickly as well as smoothly, this article will be of great help for you. There is nothing to worry for because now you can lose weight, all you have to do is follow these simple steps. OK, it is a simple 2 step weight loss plan that you can follow for the rest of your life.Healthy Gluten Free Recipes – Are They Really the Catalyst for Weight Loss?
More weight watchers are using healthy gluten free recipes to shed pounds faster. But do they really work?How and Why Food Diaries Work
You probably heard about food diaries as a necessary tool for weight loss. It simply means writing down everything you eat during the day. The idea may seem unnecessary at first, but there is more to it than what you ate.Weight Loss: Can You Stop Eating?
A fairly large number of people believe that eating less or going for dieting will help them in reducing their weight however this is not the case always. If you are one such guy who is trying to lose weight and you are completely on diet, you must read this article and I am sure you will learn a lot from it. The first thing you need to realize is that dieting is not a solution to being overweight.Healthy Weight Loss Snacks
In my last post, I generally discussed my current approach to eating healthier (without torturing myself) and losing weight. Today, I want to address one of my bigger stumbling blocks, which is desirable and healthy weight loss snacks that actually set aside hunger pangs for more than thirty minutes. My “go to” snack has so far been some kind of fruit, either an apple or orange, grapes, etc.