Dr Ken Berry reveals the best ways to reduce inflammation so you can lose weight and feel good. Yes, you can reduce inflammation with diet. You’ll also learn how to measure inflammation, and the best foods to eat for inflammation.
Upgraded Formulas Hair Mineral Analysis Kit:
https://www.upgradedformulas.com. Use code BEN10 for 10% off
Previous Interviews with @KenDBerryMD 👇
Dr. Ken Berry | Lies My Doctor Told Me, Diabetes and the Keto Diet, Thinking Outside The Medical Box: https://youtu.be/EDICwv7Wl-k
Dr Ken Berry on Skin Tags, How to Start Keto, Intermittent Fasting & More: https://youtu.be/oV6amI1r1b4
[03:06] Defining Inflammation: Acute Inflammation Vs. Chronic Inflammation
– First off, there are good and useful inflammations. Acute inflammation is where you get injured from a sprained ankle, for example, the swelling there is good; it’s the first step in healing.
– Acute inflammation is not what we are talking about today.
– The enemy is chronic inflammation.
– This inflammation is almost always caused by something in your environment getting into your body.
– This leads to chronic inflammation in your body while it is trying to cope with the everyday insult of the toxins.
[09:50] Metabolic Health: Inflammation, Obesity, And The Concerns Around Dairy Products
– Up until about year five, children drink milk regularly and are able to process it well.
– However, around the age of five, our biochemical machinery starts to shut off the ability to break down lactose.
[18:30] Shocking! Another Inflammatory Food That May Surprise You
– A food that many people think is healthy, but is surprisingly inflammatory, is nuts.
– Even though nuts are looked at as a healthy snack, they are actually very carb-heavy and can slow down your weight loss.
– Cutting nuts out of your diet may seem restrictive, but not meeting your goals and being able to do whatever you want to in a day physically is really what is restrictive.
[23:23] Why The Carnivore Diet Is Beneficial For Reducing Inflammation
– The carnivore diet, by definition, is the lowest carbohydrate diet you can eat. It is as close to zero carb as you can get.
– It also eliminates all the other foods that people could potentially be allergic to, such as the proteins in dairy or the phytochemicals in plants.
– Dr. Berry believes that meat and eggs are the least inflammatory foods on the planet, not including water.
– Meat is also the most nutrient-dense food on the planet, especially if you add organ meat to your diet.
[31:28] Essential Lab Markers To Get When Assessing Your Inflammation
– For inflammation, good markers to get are CRP, whether it’s high sensitivity or cardiac, sed rate and ESR are great. Another is homocysteine, as well as the ferritin level.
– Many people think ferritin is just a marker of iron deficiency, but it is way more than that.
– If a patient is over 35, these are all lab markers that should be checked to tell the doctor so much about their metabolic health.
– Without these labs, someone could be walking around with pre-diabetes, undiagnosed hyperinsulinemia, hypertriglyceridemia, etc. This is crucial information to determine their metabolic health.
[36:48] Are Statins Always Necessary When Cholesterol is Elevated?
– If a patient has good levels otherwise, has never had a heart attack, and has a CAC score less than 1000, there is no research showing that they would benefit from taking a statin.
– If the patient has had a heart attack in the past or has a CAC above 1000, they may benefit from a low dose.
– Elevated cholesterol can become “background noise” or not a sense of concern if you have transformed your health overall.
● Check out Dr. Berry’s Website: https://www.kendberrymd.com/
● Follow Dr. Berry
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kendberry.md/
○ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/KenDBerry
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kendberrymd
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kendberry.md
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
#kenberry #drberry #inflammation
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
Learn To Lose Weight – Learn More About It
Rest has become something that is overlooked by many these days. With energy drinks at every gas station and in most vending machines it seems as if we are becoming a nation of no sleep. Why get all the sleep my body needs when I can just pop open an energy shot and be good for the next few hours?Weight Loss – A Way of Life
Millions of dollars are spent by consumers, year after year, on weight loss products, dietary supplements and exercise programs. The results are usually minimal, with the natural tendency to look for something short-term, quick and easy. By taking on a more holistic approach to weight loss, educating yourself, identifying emotional stressors and having the willpower to change old habits and thought processes will lead to successful, long-term, weight loss transformation.Is Raspberry Ketone Safe?
Raspberry ketone works by stimulating your body to produce more Adiponectin. Adiponectin is a hormone which regulates the metabolism of fats.Low-Carb – No Thanks! Why A Low-Carb Diet Is Making You Fat!
When you stop eating carbs you go crazy and want them even more. And, after a period of restricting yourself, you are likely to go overboard when you reintroduce them back into your diet. This brings me back to the wise words of my mother, “Moderation Kate, moderation.” Too much of anything, even good things, is never a good thing.Weight Loss Programs the Best Option
The first few things that you must keep in mind while making the choice in a weight loss program, are as follows. It should have a balanced exercise and weight training program, and an eating plan with a rich nutritious value. Then it must also explain how to set a goal for yourself, and then how to keep a record of any changes taking place.Lose Fat Without Moving A Muscle
Lose fat without moving a muscle is not difficult to do. You can actually eat food and still lose fat. Learning all about your body is the key!Best Way To Burn Fat Quick
There are many weight loss tips out there, but how many of them actually work and get you the results you want? I have found a method for losing weight fast that I wish to share with you.Slim Down Into Your Fittest Beach Time Body
Get yourself into beachbody shape with a diet and exercise programme to have your bikini ready. Start by including the right foods into your diet and eliminating excess sugar and fat and by including the right exercises to tone strengthen and shape your body to give you a healthy happy summertime.Cardio VS Weight Training – Which One Works Best for Fat Loss?
The fight between these two exercise heavyweights rages on, which type of exercise is going to burn fat faster? In the red corner is heart thumping, pulse racing Cardio, in the blue corner is body changing, metabolism charging weight training. Let the fight begin…The Fat Loss Factor – Why Can’t I Just Get It Off!
Weight loss isn’t what it’s promoted as. Diet and exercise just aren’t the answer for everyone. Follow this title to understand how to deal with this nightmare.