Ben Greenfield reveals natural ways to reduce blood sugars, the benefits of cold exposure, how to lose weight for good, his new book Boundless, and more!
// E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
👉 PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee. Visit http://www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off.
RELATED VIDEO – DISCOVER THE BENEFITS OF KETO: https://youtu.be/-B5m3vSFKlo
In this Keto Kamp Podcast episode, Ben Greenfield opens the show speaking about how he finds a work-life balance. Also, Ben talks about why he doesn’t respond to haters on the internet. Stay tuned as Ben gives his thoughts on the ketogenic lifestyle, how to up-regulate glucose transporters, and all about his book, Boundless: Upgrade Your Brain, Optimize Your Body & Defy Aging.
// T I M E S T A M P S
[04:00] Finding A Work-Life Balance
[06:40] The Importance of Living Authentically
– We live in an era where there is loads of peer pressure from social media.
– Ben wanted to prove to the world that he was cool. He spent fifteen years of his life disconnected from his creative self.
[12:30] Responding To Hateful Internet Comments
– Ben does not engage to haters for a few reasons:
– It’s not a good use of his time.
– He can’t keep up.
– It’s draining.
– Ben would rather spend time with his kids than argue with people on the internet.
– You should try and outsource things that are not a good use of your time.
[17:25] The Inspiration Behind Boundless
– Ben decided to write a book about how to have all the energy that you want.
– He dives into digestion, hormones, fat loss, muscle, and everything about understanding the human-machine.
– That way, you can set up your life to give you all the energy that you want all day long.
[21:55] How Ben Does Keto Cycling
– Ben enjoys the mental benefits of ketosis.
– Now, Ben cycles in and out of ketosis.
– For active people and athletes, people can cycle in and out of ketosis each day.
– During the evenings, Ben will eat carbohydrates.
– There are longevity benefits of intermittent fasting. Ben does not eat breakfast – he enjoys fasting.
– If you do a hard workout between four and seven, then you will be more insulin sensitive in the evenings.
– Ben sleeps better when he saves his carbohydrates for the end of the day.
[34:00] Upregulation of Glucose Transporters
– Cold has an impact on glucose transporter upregulation. Ben says to try these methods:
– Two to three minutes in an ice bath.
– A five minute cold shower.
– A brisk thirty-minute walk outside.
– A dip into a cold ocean, lake, river, or pool.
[41:30] Surviving On One Single Diet
– You can get all the nutrients and vitamins that you need from meat.
– Humans can survive and thrive on an all-meat diet.
– Athletes need more carbohydrates. However, most people can get by on a carnivore diet.
– Many cultures have relied on plants and herbs as food sources and medicine sources.
– There is a social context to our diet too. We should be able to eat different elements and bring happiness to our life.
[47:30] Takeaways From Boundless
– There is loads of information in Ben’s book, Boundless: Upgrade Your Brain, Optimize Your Body & Defy Aging.
– Depending on what you are looking to learn about, you’ll want to check out different chapters.
– Overall, Ben wants people to understand their brain, body, and spirit better.
Resources from this episode:
● Learn more about Kion: https://amzn.to/36ypPQ2
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BGFitness/
○ Twitter: https://twitter.com/bengreenfield
○ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bengreenfieldfitness/
○ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/bengreenfieldfitness
● Read Boundless: Upgrade Your Brain, Optimize Your Body & Defy Aging: https://amzn.to/35yb6pa
● Listen to Ben Greenfield podcast: https://bit.ly/3kGGRkd
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | email@example.com
#bengreenfield #boundless #glucose
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
How Laughter Can Fuel Weight Loss and Improve Your Health
When trying to get healthy and lose weight, so many of us focus entirely on diet and exercise. We forget that we are total human beings, and how we feel in our bodies, viscerally, also has a tremendous impact on how we release weight. Think of how you feel, for example when you’re feeling tense.5 Easy Ways To Flatten Your Stomach For Summer
Although many men and women struggle to have a flat tummy and abs that are to die for, the good news is that it can be done. You don’t have to punish your body with hours of exercise, give up all the food you love and make yourself miserable to get a flatter stomach. Check out these these 5 simple ways to flatten your stomach.7 Tips to Lose Weight in 30 Days
It is natural that people want to look beautiful. Improving your looks, your mental ability, your knowledge, your sense of style can help you in turning into a better individual.The Top 10 Myths of Weight Loss Exposed
Whether you want to lose weight to look awesome or because you need to keep a close watch on your health, do not be fooled by what so many people have falsely peddled as fat as weight loss is concerned. Here we have compiled the top 10 weight loss myths that so many people have so wrongly believed.Portion Control For Effective Fat Loss
Losing unwanted fat can be challenging especially with so much conflicting weight loss information that is readily available. However, the basics of fat loss have never changed and are actually quite simple to understand.Check Out These Awesome Fat Loss Tips
It’s simple to lose weight if you know how. Here we present a few awesome fat loss tips to help you lose excess fat. Check it out.Best Workout DVDs for Women
Making it to the gym can be a huge challenge for many people. Having to deal with work, kids, appointments and a seemingly endless list of responsibilities can put exercise on the back burner, but we all know what happens if we give in to life and slowly forget about exercise. Things start to jiggle. Those once tight abs start to look a little flabbier. Your favorite pair of jeans starts to feel a little too tight. Well, take a breath! It’s OK because we have a solution!Best Workout DVDs for Weight Loss
While dieting is a significant part of losing weight, an effective exercise program can make a big difference in shedding that hard to lose body fat. A good workout DVD for weight loss can lead to reduced belly fat, more lean muscle mass in the arms, legs and back and an overall healthier body.Advice On Finding The Right Personal Trainer For Your Needs
There can be few things more trying than turning up at the gym week after week and then realizing that there has been little change in your weight and fitness. It does not matter how long you try, there is no improvement and you begin to think you are wasting your time. It is at this stage that many people give up and do not manage to reach their target.The Top 7 Fat Burning Foods to Reduce Weight Effectively
Some people may wonder why, after a lot of exercise, they do not see the results they want. They are still maintaining their unwanted weight and worse, they could be earning more. Perhaps what these individuals fail to see is the fact that what they eat have something to do with their weight loss goals.