Dr Cate Shanahan reveals 8 inflammatory fats to avoid on the ketogenic diet at all costs. We also discuss the dangers of fish oil, the best fats on keto & more.
Download my FREE keto grocery shopping list: http://www.ketokampblueprint.com
Watch the full interview with Dr Cate Shanahan here: https://youtu.be/58aGiekcwRA
Dr Cate Shanahan is a board-certified Family Physician with over 20 years of clinical experience, and NY Times bestselling author of The FatBurn Fix, Dr Cate Shanahan Deep Nutrition and Food Rules, her expertise is fixing the underlying problems that cause metabolic damage and inflammation, leading to autoimmunity, weight gain, diabetes, cancer and accelerated aging processes. Her passion is helping people feel their best.
After getting her BS in biology from Rutgers University, she trained in biochemistry and genetics at Cornell University’s graduate school before attending Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She practiced in Hawaii for ten years where she studied ethnobotany and her healthiest patient’s culinary habits.
In this episode, Dr. Cate explains why we need to avoid The Hateful Eight Oils. Plus, we talk all about omega-3s, the problem with fish oils, and everything you need to know about the Dr Cate Shanahan diet.
// O V E R V I E W
About The Hateful Eight bad fats on keto:
– Avoid these oils:
– They are too high in unstable fatty acids.
– The average person is getting most of their calories from these oils.
– Without these seed oils, we would not have the burden of chronic disease.
– We were healthier 100 years ago, and we had no clue about vitamins, minerals, and supplements.
The Great Exchange
– After a certain point, our body wants nothing to do with these unstable fatty acids.
– Two percent of daily calories should come from omega-3 and omega-6. We actually need more omega-3 than we do omega-6.
– The exchange of good fatty acids for bad fatty acids opens the door to chronic disease. Once we exceed the two percent amount of unstable fatty acids, then they end up in our body fat.
– We have a lot of people who are on the skinny side but are centrally obese. Our bodies cannot traffic these unstable acids properly. That’s why it stays near the fat lining of our intestines.
– Start eating the monounsaturated fatty acids.
– Clear your life of the seed oils.
We Need More Omega-3s Than Omega-6s
– On a healthy diet, omega-3s are more likely to get damaged during cooking.
– For the amount that is ultimately absorbed, we need more omega-3 sources in the food that we eat.
– You can’t supplement more omega-3 if you have been eating a standard American diet. Instead, you have to cut the omega-6. If you reduce omega-6 without increasing your intake of omega-3, then your blood levels of omega-3 will start to rise.
– Oxidation science is very complicated, and there is a lot to consider.
Fish Oil Is Highly Unstable
– Oxygen will attack the bond and destroy the molecule. Fish oil has two double bonds. So the oxygen is nine billion times more likely to attack.
– Fish oils can have five double bonds. It is so unstable that it rarely makes it off the shelf before it’s destroyed.
– The fish oil will turn into toxic compounds.
– People are getting toxic compounds from low-quality fish oils.
Resources from this episode:
○ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DoctorCate/
○ Twitter: https://bit.ly/2E9Lu77
○ Instagram: https://bit.ly/32lbDYn
● Read The Fatburn Fix: https://amzn.to/3aPtlHk
● Read Deep Nutrition Cate Shanahan: https://amzn.to/31jsls3
● Buy Food Rules: A Doctor’s Guide to Healthy Eating: https://amzn.to/3aPz6EX
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸ linkedin | http://bit.ly/2PNRh40
▸ email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to subscribe to my Keto Kamp Podcast for further education.
#drcateshanhan #vegetableoils #ketofoods
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.
The Top 5 Natural Diet Supplements: A Review
There are a lot of natural diet pills out right now, so finding the facts about these is more important than ever. Here is the scoop on Garcinia Cambogia, Acai, Raspberry Ketones, Saffron, and Green Coffee Bean Extract, all of which can help you lose weight naturally.How Best To Lose Weight With Supplements
Learning how to lose weight with the aid of sports supplements can be a very tricky and confusing affair. If you are struggling to discover which supplements to take then you will find all the facts you need in today’s short article. The reason this particular area is often so misleading comes down to marketing.Why Effective Weight Loss Is More Than Just About Food
It is normal to believe that effective weight loss is in close relation with what you eat, but, while this bit is true, losing weight in the most efficient manner also depends on other factors you may easily overlook. In order to lose weight in the best way possible, you need to consider some of your other habits that are not directly linked with food.What to Learn From a Weight Loss Success Story
Losing weight can prove very difficult when you do not have proper motivation and you feel like you are the only one that has to deal with such a problem. What you need in order to get on your feet and start trying again is a weight loss success story. Everywhere you look, you can find such stories: in fitness magazines, over the Internet or on television. But more importantly, you should look for such great examples around you, because it will help you envision yourself as a success story, as well.How To Achieve Weight Loss Success
Losing weight can seem like an ongoing battle. Many women are struggling to lose weight and may even find some success with the latest and greatest fad diet craze of the moment. However, long lasting success on a fad diet is extremely difficult and most find that they are again packing on the pounds when the appeal of that fad diet wears off.The Best Supplements For Women to Get Lean
Phen 375 has the ability to not only suppress one’s appetite as I had earlier stated but it largely reduces a person’s urge for food. If one had cravings for fatty foods, automatically these cravings are no longer experienced and therefore one has a chance to opt for vegetables as supplement.Diet-Related Diseases Which Can Affect Your Health
Many of us are thinking about living a healthier lifestyle by beginning a weight loss plan. And most of us probably already know that there are many good reasons to do so. But choosing the best diets for our eating habits, lifestyle and goals is just the first step in a long journey back to better health.The Relationship of Diet to Memory
The relationship of diet to memory has been debated much over the decades. And as technology evolves, we are realizing more than ever before about how what we eat affects our bodies. The loss of memory often associated with older ages is something that most societies of the world can say they have in common. But what is being discovered is that much of what we eat can be a contributor to memory loss later on in life.Meal Timing May Affect Weight Loss, Study Says
When you eat may be as important as what you eat when you’re trying to lose weight. In a study published in the International Journal of Obesity, researchers found that people who eat more calories later in the day will find it harder to lose weight than those who eat the bulk of their calories earlier in the day. Find out what this information means for you and your weight loss goals!Biggest Motivation Killer
It’s insidious, it’s destructive and mostly, people don’t even know it’s happening. What am I referring to? Something 99% of my clients describe happening to them at one stage or another of their nutrition programme. Something which can seriously undermine their efforts to lose weight, if not scupper them completely. If motivation usually comes easily in the first few weeks of a new endeavour, this is the chief gremlin which is likely to creep in as the novelty factor wears off, requiring effort and awareness to overcome. The name of this chief gremlin? A mindset I call ‘outcome anxiety’. Dieters and those embarking on a healthy weight loss journey: Beware! In this article, I attempt to describe this destructive mindset, explain why it can lead to failure if left unchecked and finally I’ll look at strategies for overcoming it to reach your ultimate weight loss goal.